Bellazon

Can short girls have "long legs" too? And, can tall girls have short legs?

NagaJolokia

According to what I've heard from the average person quite frequently, "tall" is synonymous with "long legs". However, isn't it much more about proportions?

A tall girl can have short legs in proportion to her torso as a short girl can have long legs in proportion to hers?

Yeah, it´s pretty normal - take Alessandra Ambrosio, she has short legs compared to her torso (and to a model) and take Kylie Minogue for example...I think she´s all about legs, though she´s SO small!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

yes I am about 5'8/5'9 and although I am not short I don't think its my length of body or torso that makes me seem taller, its my legs. They are what makes me appear to be even taller than i actually am. (especially on heels).

An example of this is me and my mom. We are exact height and have the same shape body and everything, but if we look in the mirror that is placed higher up on the wall you cannot see the "gap" inbetween her legs and you can see mine. her legs cut off way before mine do.

:yes: Agreed. Dita Von Teese is only around 5'2 or 5'3 and her legs look endless in some poses (most recently in the Fredricks of Hollywood catalog that came to my house this weekend). I am 5'5 and I have long legs as well, most people think I'm much taller than I really am.

:yes: Agreed. Dita Von Teese is only around 5'2 or 5'3 and her legs look endless in some poses (most recently in the Fredricks of Hollywood catalog that came to my house this weekend). I am 5'5 and I have long legs as well, most people think I'm much taller than I really am.

I have the same. It is also because many people assume slim = tall. Yet many people who are interested in fashion/models are still brainwashed into thinking all normal and short people have stubby legs and will never look as slim as a 5'10" model. I actually ran my own survey on this with pictures of people with their faces blurred out. There was nothing in the background because people claimed they could tell a person's height from their limbs/waist/breast size/hip size in comparison to their torso (as if normal and short people have body parts that are freakishly out of proportion with the rest of them!). Nobody guessed the correct heights for any of them. They even mistook a 5'3" woman as 5'10" and a 6'4" woman as 5'7"! Just goes to show that normal and short people are no less or more in proportion than taller people! Rumours about more proportion with more height are just that: rumours.