Bellazon

Caitlin Lowe
Thumbnail

I can't believe there isn't a thread for her :o But then again, I might be the only one who likes softball here :laugh:

15663325l481919cof7.jpg

Birthname: Caitlin Faith Lowe

Birthday: February 6, 1985 (22)

Hometown: Orange County, CA

Height: 5'7" - 170cm

Position: Outfielder

Bats: Left

Throws: Right

Personal

Academic major is psychology with a business minor. Enjoys spending time with friends and family, going to the beach, and watching movies. Daughter of Dave and Dawn Lowe. Father is a civil engineer. Has four siblings: Sisters Whitney (23), Paige (19), McKenna (17), and brother Tanner (14). Sister Paige plays second base for Oregon State.

High School

Foothill High School, Tustin, Calif., 2003. Four-year All-American. Two-year member of all-state team. Four-year All-CIF. Four-year all-county team member. Four-year all-league member. Two-year league MVP. Two-year team MVP. Orange County Player of the Year. Holds stolen base and career hits records at Foothill. Four-year high honor roll and scholar-athlete member. Recipient of Spanish Scholar award. Scholar-Athlete of the Year winner. Four-year Order of the Knight member. Member of CIF 2000 Championship team and 14U National Championship team.

2004 Pac-10 Newcomer of the Year and NFCA first-team All-America member. Started all 61 games for the Cats, two as a designated player and the rest in center field. Was Arizona’s leadoff hitter. Hit .437 on the season, second-best on the team behind Autumn Champion. Stole 47 bags in 50 tries. Had 83 hits in 190 at-bats. Scored 76 runs, 28 more than the next closest player. Hit four homers on the season, against UNLV on Feb. 3, Dayton on Feb. 14, UCLA on April 4 and Oregon on May 5. Had nine doubles and a triple, and drove in 25 runs. Had a 1.000 fielding percentage in center field, the only starter with a perfect mark, notching 31 putouts and two assists. Hit .413 in 20 Pac-10 games, among best in the league. Was one of 10 finalists for the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year award. Was Pac-10 Player of the Week for the week of May 4 and was ASA National Player of the Week for April 12-18 after hitting .545 with five runs versus Cal and Stanford.

Co-Pac 10 Player of the Year with Washington’s Kristen Rivera. Earned first-team All-America honors. Finalist for both USA Softball’s National Player of the Year award and the Honda Softball Award. Finished season with a .510 batting average (100-for-196), good for second-best for any UA player in the program’s history. First Wildcat since Lauren Bauer in 2001 to have 100 hits in a season. Perfect 1.000 fielding in 62 chances. Started and led off all 57 games for Arizona in 2005. Had a team-high 14-game hit streak from April 30 to May 28. Women’s College World Series: Went 3-for-5 against USA Softball Player of the Year Cat Osterman in a 1-0 loss to Texas.

Super Regional: Was 5-for-7 (.714) with two runs and two walks in two Super Regional games. Robbed a home run off the bat of Heather Scaglione in the first inning of game one.

Tucson Regional: Led the team with six hits in the three Regional games. Had three singles and a home run, while scoring four runs in four innings in a 12-0 win over Lehigh. Smacked her fifth home run of the year to give UA a 1-0 lead in Regional Championship game win over Oklahoma State. Reached base to lead off a game 20 of the final 27 regular season games. Failed to reach base in just five of 49 regular season games. Went 5-for-7 (.714) with three runs scored and two RBI with a home run at Stanford in the final two games of the regular season. In Arizona’s final three regular season games, Lowe either scored or drove in all four of the team’s runs. Went 3-for-3 with three runs scored and two RBI in an April 23 win over Arizona State. Hit .650 (7-20) over a modest seven-game hit streak from April 8-23. Had four consecutive multi-hit games March 25-April 2. Opened Pac-10 play by going 3-for-3 with three runs scored in an April 1 win over Stanford. Named Pac-10 Player of the Week for Mar. 22-30 when she hit .572, with an inside-the-park grand slam, in two wins over No. 11 Louisiana-Lafayette. Hit .680 (17-25) in a six-game stretch in March. Went 4-for-5 with four runs, three RBI, and her first home run of the season, an inside-the-park job, against North Carolina State. Went 3-for-4 with a stolen base, a run, and an RBI in a win over UNLV. Had the first 4-for-4 game of anyone on the team in a victory over Louisiana Tech. Led team with .583 batting average at Baylor’s Compass Bank Invitational. Accumulated a .583 on-base percentage and .545 batting average to lead team to three wins in Worth Wildcat Invitational. Opened the year with eight hits and six stolen bases in UA’s five games of the Pepsi Arizona Classic, including three in a win over Kansas.

USA National Team 2005

Started 11 of the 12 games, hit a combined .357, scored six runs and was successful on all four of her stolen base attempts.

Arizona - 2006

Named first-team NFCA All-American. Named All-Pac-10 first team. Was a top 10 finalist for USA Softball Player of the Year. Her 79 hits were three behind Autumn Champions’ team lead, despite missing nine games and 10 starts after suffering an injury to her left (glove) hand on March 19 against Texas. Stole 33 of 35 bases and currently stands at 107 swiped bags in three years. Perfect fielding percentage (39-for-39) in center field. Had two hits or more in 27 of her 55 starts.

Women’s College World Series: Set WCWS record with eight runs scored. Finished just one stolen base shy of record, as she finished with four in WCWS. Batted .381 with eight hits. Scored game-winning, walk-off run versus Oregon State to open play at WCWS. Tucson Super Regional: After going hitless in Game 1, went 4-for-7 in last two games. Stole two bases. Went 3-for-4 at the plate with three runs scored in Game 3 rout.

Tucson Regional: .364 (4-for-11): with at least one hit in each game of the regional. Held a 15-game hit streak from Feb. 25 through March 18, until it was snapped on March 19 against Texas. Had a career-high four triples. Had started 147 consecutive games as Arizona’s leadoff hitter until suffering the injury. In her absence, Arizona used three different leadoff hitters to replace her. In the 10 games that Lowe was out of the starting lineup, Arizona scored an average of 0.6 runs in the first inning and 3.6 per game. In the games that she led off, UA averaged 1.1 runs in the opening frame and 5.8 per game ... Also, Arizona went 6-4 in the 10 games Lowe did not start, but was 43-6 in the games she started... Went 4-for-4 in a Feb. 24 win over Texas Tech ... Had 10 games, in which, she scored two or more runs, including four in a game versus Washington on April 30 ... Hit game-tying sacrifice fly to drive home Kelly Nelson in the seventh inning during Arizona’s May 6 walk-off victory over Stanford ... Forget the fact that Lowe scored or drove in a run in 37 of her 55 starts; she had an extra-base hit or a stolen base in 38 of those 55 GS.

USA National Team 2006

Started all 17 games in the ISF World Championships and the II World Cup of Softball. Batted .393 (22-for-56) in the two tournaments. Stole a team-high nine bases in as many attempts. Scored 23 runs.

This was like the most painful injury that I've seen of her :cry:

I was just like :o --> Then maybe a tear :cry: :p I was praying for her to

be ok when I watched that game. I was going nuts! :chicken: & concerned of course :D

May 26th, 2007 - Against California State Fullerton in Tucson, AZ

Arizona outfielder Caitlin Lowe's career has been filled with the spectacular - all manner of running, diving, leaping, over-the-shoulder catches. She went head over heels over the fence at the College World Series last season while trying to track a home run.

But she can't run through a wall.

Lowe knocked herself out of Saturday night's NCAA Super Regional game, slamming into the wooden wall in right-center field in a disastrous first inning for the Wildcats. A two-run hit went off her glove, making it 5-0 for Cal State Fullerton, while Lowe was curled up on the outfield grass.

It had all the makings of a long night for UA, putting its College World Series hopes in jeopardy.

"It was like the twilight zone out there," said first baseman Laine Roth.

But then a strange thing happened.

Lowe's teammates, figuratively, ran through a wall for her.

The Wildcats rallied for an 11-6 victory at Hillenbrand Stadium, taking the lead on the strength of a pair of three-run home runs from Callista Balko and Laine Roth and piling on from there. It was their biggest comeback of the season.

"I can't remember any victory that was as big or as sweet as that," UA coach Mike Candrea said.

Arizona is trying to reach the College World Series for the 19th time in the past 20 seasons. To get there, the Wildcats will have two chances in the best-of-three Super Regional Sunday, first in a noon game. If UA loses, a second game will follow about 30 minutes later.

Lowe, a senior lead-off hitter who is expected to be selected an All-American for the fourth time, will be evaluated Sunday to determine if she is able to play. The initial report was that she had a possible broken nose. She was tested for a concussion.

The thud from her collision with the fence was clearly audible 100 yards away.

"She goes all out for everything and she doesn't care if the fence is there," said right fielder Adrienne Acton. "She hit it pretty hard. It was pretty freaky for me, too. I didn't know whether to pick her up or get the ball. Scary."

Acton retrieved the ball and threw it into the infield before checking on Lowe.

"I just saw blood and started freaking out, like 'Someone get out here right now,' " Acton said.

There was no official talk in the dugout after the half inning, but players and coaches agreed that this was the mood: "We were just talking about how we needed to pick it up, how we needed to do it for Caitlin," Roth said. "We needed to show (Fullerton) how we could play."

Balko's home run came in the fourth following Kristie Fox's lead-off walk and an error. UA rallied again an inning later, this time with two outs.

Jenae Leles reached on an error by the third baseman, Balko walked and Roth followed with an opposite-field home run to right. It was only her second home run of the season (her first came last weekend).

Before the at-bat, Candrea talked with Roth near the on-deck circle.

"All he told me, 'Swing like you mean it,'" Roth said. "It's the first time in a very long time he has said anything like that. I guess it worked."

Arizona scored five more runs in the sixth, helped by a pair of errors, a two-run double by Fox and a two-run home run by Leles, whose line drive skipped off the top of the padding on the outfield wall.

Arizona's previous biggest comeback came in the regular-season finale, as the Cats overcome a 4-1 deficit to beat Washington 5-4 in eight innings.

"I'm really proud of the way they bounced back," Candrea said.

"I think they've grown up. That Washington game was a huge help for us. Tonight, I just told them that you have to keep believing and taking your cuts. Sure enough we came back. It was a very, very big victory for us."

Arizona was in trouble from the first pitch, when Jessica Doucette singled to center. The next batter, Courtney Martinez, bunted for a sacrifice, and was safe at first on a wide throw. Taryne Mowatt hit Ashley Van Boxmeer with a pitch to load the bases.

Lauren Lupinetti followed with a two-run single to center, and the bases were re-loaded when Kiki Munoz hit a bunt back to Mowatt, who, instead of taking the out at first, looked to third and had no play.

Mowatt initially appeared to injure an ankle on the play. She took a warm-up pitch, which bounced in the dirt well to the left of catcher Callista Balko. Mowatt's next warm-up pitch was fine, and she was deemed good to continue.

Cal State-Fullerton wasn't done, though. Katie Gollhardt singled for a 3-0 lead. After a strikeout, Crystal Vieyra hit a long, high drive to right center. Lowe was in full stride when she hit the wall face first.

After several minutes, she was taken off the field, sitting up on a grounds-crew cart while the crowd gave her a standing ovation.

Lowe returned to the dugout in the middle of the second inning, and then went for treatment after the game. She was not available to the media.

The only good news for UA on the play was that Vieyra was called out for passing the runner at first base. A diving catch near the line by left fielder K'Lee Arredondo ended the inning, with the Titans up 5-0.

From there, Mowatt settled down while the bats came alive without Lowe.

"I'm proud of the kids able to rebound from that," Candrea said, "because I know how much she means to this team."

---- azcentral.com

Haha well at least you switched to it but you missed the good parts :p

Anyways, here's Caitlin, Kristie & Chelsie at Mckale today around 2pm MST (5pm EST)

(LIVE BRODCAST FROM ARIZONAATHLETICS.COM) - Recorded by me with a camera :laugh:

And guess what? The Arizona Wildcats 2006-2007 Softball Team got invited to go to the White House

to play T-Ball with the President! :woot: :chicken: Candrea (coach) said to Taryn (pitches) don't

pitch a change-up to President Bush coz it might piss him off :rofl: