Bellazon

Gossip Girl

Silk Stocking

• 2 weeks later...

Wild rose...I love your sig...tom and gisele :wub: can't wait to see them at the met gala this year..

and okay so serena's total desperation to not be it girl...and sudden selfish let's be a bitch and do whatever we want bullshit is so ridiculous. and diana being chuck's mom? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I honestly feel like gossip girl creators only recently made that part up

^ from what I read it looks like Serena's going to have more than 1 love inetrests soon?!?!? I think there are only 2 episodes left, so I guess we'll see them in the next episode :p

and I don't know what 'bigger' scandal with Diana they can have.... that what, Jack is Chuck's father? :laugh:

Layla...apparently you were right! LOLLLLLLLLL gossip girl is soooo ridiculous now. and what's up with lily all of a sudden? it doesn't even make sense lol

As soon as I logged on BZ I realised I've been sitting in front of the computer for 30 minutes doing everything BUT downloading GG, so I'm doing it now and.... you mean I was right about Jack being Chuck's father? :| If so... it's so surprising it's not surprising at the same time. And Lily? Arghh... I need to watch the ep soon!

Eh, the thing with Lily WAS weird, but it makes sense. It's the same woman who got a teacher arrested for state rape on her underaged daughter (who, as the show proved, was wrong).

Ok, so is Nate even interested in Lola anymore <_<

Serena being a b****h makes a sense too... although it's strange to see how one moment she wants to be close with Lola and then treats her like she's nothing.

The proof of Jack being Chuck's father is that tattoo?? :rofl:

and is the next week's episode really a finale? :( I hoped there'd be 3 more.

Eh, the thing with Lily WAS weird, but it makes sense. It's the same woman who got a teacher arrested for state rape on her underaged daughter (who, as the show proved, was wrong).

Serena being a b****h makes a sense too... although it's strange to see how one moment she wants to be close with Lola and then treats her like she's nothing.

Sorry if I spoiled the episode for you!! I didn't stop to think maybe others didn't watch it :p

Ah the story lines get so annoying on gg sometimes! I really do think jack being chucks father...and this whole thing, was a last minute decision. I don't even think the writers for GG know what they're doing anymore.

Sorry if I spoiled the episode for you!! I didn't stop to think maybe others didn't watch it :p

Ah the story lines get so annoying on gg sometimes! I really do think jack being chucks father...and this whole thing, was a last minute decision. I don't even think the writers for GG know what they're doing anymore.

No, don't worry, you didn't :)

Now thinking about it... it makes sense. I mean, Chuck didn't know his real mother. Thought Bart is his father. Could be, that Jack has an affair with Elizabeth (season 3 Elizabeth), Bart found out about it, send Jack away to Australia and because Bart couldn't forgive his wife for cheating, paid her off... somehow it makes a lot of sense :blink:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wait Dan's gossip girl? That's poor writing and plot. We've all heard gossip girl voice and it's a female's. Plus if logic was applied to this, there just no way it couldn've been Dan. His life style and behaviour doesn't match with that of gossip girl's. Plus gossip girl was in business even before he arrived. And there we many incriminating and embarrassing things that gossip girl revealed. No wonder I stopped watching the show at season 3. It became too cheesy for my liking.

Did he say why he chose to be gossip girl? And can someone explain why exactly Blair married Chuck? What were they trying to stop?

And I heard Jenny also came back?

I really didn't like the plot of Dan being gossip girl, but eh well. Gossip girl has been increasingly unrealistic and overly dramatic as the years went on. The last few seasons have been tedious with redundant plot lines. That said, I couldn't help but smile during the last episode. I can't lie, I sort of didn't want it to end... it was a guilty pleasure and I did like the characters. Most notably Chuck and Blair. The episode really catered to what GG fans wanted. A cute and 'happy' ending. But it felt like they sort of started making some of the things up really late into the series. I just liked the Bass and Waldorf moments. I thought it was good until the Dan and Serena part in the end which was crafted in such a cheesy manner :laugh::laugh::laugh: but everything felt like it was rushed to an end and the season was supposed to be longer. The way everyone just had to 'accept' that Dan was gossip girl, and the way they laughed it off because 'oh well what does it matter now?' lol yeah... ok. Even though the entire show every season has been centered around the vileness of gossip girl. The way serena just immediately forgives him (even though I guess that's consistent with her character).. I mean they even left Lily with her old husband. Maybe this was intended but :laugh: . Even the chuck and blair possibly going to jail drama was wrapped up so quickly. You could tell they originally wanted a regular amount of episodes in the season (20+) and they had to settle with 10 for one reason or another. Poorly executed finale, but again it was also what viewers wanted. Most people were content.

I don't think they planned a season of 20 or 20 something episodes though...

I feel the same way-it's been such a great guilty pleasure. But it used to be "The best show of our time", as NYMAG used to call "Gossip Girl". What I didn't like is that everyone was so forgiving. I'm not about holding grudge against others forever but come on, some of the things that were done there...

Season 1, and season 2 also had some memorable and smart quotes and much better wardrobe ... I feel like the first 3 seasons also had more memorable music choices.

I didn't like how there was no character growth lately, it feels like these characters finished being mentally the same as in high school.

At least no Gossip Girl means no more Chuck and his raspy whispering voice. It was so annoying.