Bellazon

Gonzalo Higuaín
Thumbnail

Chic_Raul_ista

Real Madrid vs Real Mallorca

GOALKEEPERS: Casillas, Diego López

DEFENDERS: Ramos, Cicinho, Cannavaro, Marcelo, Roberto Carlos, Pavón and Salgado.

MIDFIELDERS: Guti, Gago, Diarra, Robinho, Beckham, Emerson and Reyes.

FORWARDS: Raúl, Higuaín and Van Nistelrooy.

Real Madrid - Palestine/Isreal XI (Friendly Match)

Goalkeepers: Casillas & Adán.

Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Salgado, Helguera, Cicinho, Agus & Sergio Sánchez:

Midfielders: Guti, Emerson, De la Red, Granero, Javi García, Adrián González & Nieto.

Forwards: Raúl, Higuaín & Negredo.

Post-match comments

Capello, Casillas and Higuaín analyse the Peace Match

Everyone was satisfied with seeing the fans' dreams come true. Capello, Casillas, Higuaín, Agus and Negredo analysed the match that brought Israelis and Palestinians together. Benayoun thanked Real Madrid for taking part in the game.

Fabio Capello: "We played a great game"

This victory is very important for us because of the great significance the match had; we came here to play for peace. We proved to be very professional. We left Spain early in the morning and we've had a very intense week, so I think we should be praised for doing so well. The game was worth a good effort. The crowd was amazing.

Higuaín: "It was a beautiful experience"

It was a beautiful experience, really worth the trip. We are all available for the Club to carry out any of its commitments and this was a beautiful one. We will do it again whenver we have a chance to. We will now go on holiday.

Casillas: "This is a day to really enjoy"

This is a day to really enjoy. We are very tired because of the League celebrations, but we wanted these people to enjoy a great football show.

Negredo: "I'm the happiest man on earth"

What a great experience! Football is capable of anything and I'm sure this game will enhance the hope for peace in the area. Making my debut with the first team is a dream come true. Every kid dreams of playing for Real Madrid, so I'm the happiest man on earth right now. I gave my all throughout the game. We should always do our best to prove we are the best team in the world.

Agus:"It's been a great experience"

I'm glad for having taken part in a good cause and with having the chance of making my debut with the first team. I did my best. The team was tired because of all the celebrations it's recently had. The crowd was amazing throughout the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

REAL MADRID:

First half: Dudek; Ramos, Pepe, Metzelder, Torres; Diarra, Balboa, Guti, Granero, Bueno; Raúl.

Second half: Codina; Salgado, Pepe, Cannavaro, Cicinho; Higuaín, Emerson, De la Red, Adrián; Saviola, Soldado.

STOKE CITY: Simonsen; Delap, Matteo, Higgingbotton, Hill; Hoefkens, Polis Anthony, Rustale, Liam; Sidibe, Fuller. También participaron: Ryan, Adam, Dickenson, Rob, Buxton, Russel, Perugand, Parkin, Sweno, Wikingson.

GOALS:

1-0 (18'): Raúl.

2-0 (74'): Soldado from a penalty.

REFEREE: Mr. Adanitsch.

HIGHLIGHTS: First game in Real Madrid's 2007/08 preseason. Venue: ATV Irdning pitch. Attendance: 2,000.

Higuaín press conference

"We've proved to be a united team"

Higuaín joined Real Madrid six months ago and he is happy with being a part of the team. He is working very hard in the preseason, during which Schuster is positioning him on the right wing.

What did Schuster say to the team after the first game?

He was happy with our performance. He said they defended well but that we managed to play a good game. We have to loosen up a bit, but he thought it was important that we all asked for the ball.

It seems he has positioned you on the right wing...

There are many strikers on the team and I don't mind playing as a winger. I prefer playing as a striker, but all I really want is to help the team any way I can.

Are you comfortable in that position?

I'm never uncomfortable on a pitch and I will do as the coach says. I will play wherever he wants as long as it helps the team.

The coaching staff put you in pairs to share rooms. What do you think of that?

I think it is a good decision. I never shared a room before at Real Madrid, but I did it all the time when I was at River Plate.

What do you think of Saviola?

He is very happy here. He is a fellow Argentine and I try to help him any way I can.

What do you hope to achieve this year?

To play more and to score more goals. I also want to win more titles.

Would you consider leaving the team if you didn't play much?

I'm very happy here. This is the best team in the world and I have never thought about the possibility of leaving.

Does the team need more signings?

We already have a good enough squad, but we would welcome new signings. We are going to do our best in order to achieve our goals.

It seems José Antonio Reyes has signed for Atletico Madrid...

We hope he does well wherever he plays. I got along very well with him and I'm sad not to have him as a teammate anymore. I wish him to be very successful.

Barcelona have brought in strong reinforcements.

They have, but Real Madrid is currently the best team in Spain and defending champion of the Spanish League.

What does Real Madrid have that Barcelona doesn't?

I don't know who has better individual players, but we work better as a team. We've proved to be a united squad.

Real Madrid's Higuain has dig at Barcelona

tribalfooball.com - July 30, 2007

Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain has had a dig at Barcelona's spending.

The young Argentine, who played a key role in Real's late season title success, declared: "Barcelona has reinforced well, but Real Madrid are the best, the current champions. In individual quality I do not know if they are better than us, but I am sure that we are better as a team.

"We have shown to be a squad that all works for eachother."

Higuain added: "Javier Saviola is very happy. He's a fellow Argentine and I'm helping him settle here."

REAL MADRID 0: Casillas; Cicinho (Pepe, min. 62), Ramos, Cannavaro, Torres; Diarra, De la Red (Granero, min.62), Balboa, Bueno (Guti, min.45); Higuaín, Raúl (Saviola, min.62).

HANNOVER 96 3: Enke; Cherundolo, Kleine, Zuraw, Tarnat; Balitsch, Yankov, Pinto, Bruggink; Huszti y Hanke. También jugaron: Krebs, Thorvaldsson, Lauth, Stajner y Schöter.