Bellazon

Taylor Fuchs
Thumbnail

heres an old article too

World's top male model from Saskatchewan

Casey MacLeod, Canwest News Service

Published: Thursday, May 15, 2008

REGINA -- Most Reginans would draw a blank if asked to name even one successful male model. That's about to change.

Taylor Fuchs, who was born and raised in White City, Saskatchewan, was recently named the world's most successful male model by Forbes Magazine. What makes it all the more impressive is the fact that he began modelling just over a year ago, and he's only 21 years old.

"I was surprised to be honest, I've been working hard at this, but you never expect something like that. When it comes along it's kind of a nice surprise," said Taylor in a phone interview from New York.

He was first approached about modelling during his second year at the University of Calgary where he was playing volleyball and studying natural sciences.

"I was out with some friends and got approached by a scout from Mode Models in Calgary and it just kind of went from there," Taylor explained. "I kind of shrugged it off, I didn't even think about it until about six months later. I was bored so I thought I'd give it a shot."

Taylor's father, Barry Fuchs, said he was a little leery when he first heard about his son's plans as he knew nothing about the industry.

"When I first told him about it, he kind of thought it was a scam and so did I," laughed Taylor.

"I told him he could try it for a while and see if something happened, and something did happen," remembered Barry.

In April of 2007, Mode Models sent Taylor down to New York where he also signed with Public Image Worldwide.

"I gave it the summer and I kind of felt it out. Over those four months, I decided it would be something worth looking into. So I decided to at least take a year off and see what happened," Taylor said.

What happened was a whirlwind of success.

In his first month as a model, Taylor walked the runways of Paris and Milan clothed in the latest attire from fashion giants like Dolce and Gabbana, Burberry, Fendi and Yves St. Laurent.

"It's just been a roller coaster ride for me here over the last little while, it's been up and down. To be at this point so quickly it's amazing, it really is," commented the six foot two, blue-eyed Taylor.

Friends and family back home are just as amazed at how quickly Taylor has shot to the top of an industry in which it is notoriously hard to succeed.

"We're very surprised that he did so well so quickly, but very pleased," said Barry.

"For him to become so successful so fast, that's not an every day event," said Rob Schimnosky, Taylor's volleyball coach at Greenall High School in Balgonie. "But he certainly had the right personality to become successful at whatever he wanted to do. He was very independently motivated, he didn't need someone else pushing him."

Taylor himself said never in his "wildest dreams" had he ever thought about a career in modelling.

"If you told me I would have been doing this a year ago I would have laughed at you," said Taylor, who is described as a "sports guy" by his father.

It certainly seems like the sports guy made the right decision when he traded the volleyball court for the runway.

But Taylor didn't become the world's most successful model just by walking the runways. Taylor has also done photo shoots all over the world for high-profile clients like Pringle of Scotland, Benetton and Valentino.

"I like photo shoots way better," Taylor said. "They pay better, there's girls there, and you get to sit around and hang out, it's really a good time. The runway shows, there's a lot more running around, it's really crazy."

Crazy or not, Taylor will be heading back out on the runway in a month for the upcoming season in Paris and Milan.

While Taylor said that travelling around the world and meeting new people is his favourite aspect of modeling, it also makes it difficult for him to get home as much as he would like.

"Hanging out with my family and friends, that's definitely what I miss the most," he explained.

So what does the future hold for the world's most successful model?

"I'm just kind of rolling with it right now and taking it as it comes," said Taylor. "Eventually, when this isn't as successful, I'm going to be going back to school and getting my degree."

Regina Leader-Post

all credit to the amazing mblovestix who never fails to deliver :hug:

(and again from the king of vids )

more backstage j.galliano with luiz a too

86287backstage20john20gqk8.jpg

86324backstage20john20ggs6.jpg

86588backstage20john20gob7.jpg

86604backstage20john20gsu2.jpg

86594backstage20john20gex7.jpg

86588backstage20john20gys2.jpg

Omg! :D Finally something new.

That just made my day! Thanks belgian!!! :)

:drool: :heart: :wub:

You're right Hartigan, his walk is improving.