Bellazon

Sam Worthington
Thumbnail

ricardamanutd

He's my new favourite actor, he's going to make it big really soon judging by the number of big franchises movies he is to star in soon.

Birth Name: Samuel Worthington

DOB: 2 August 1976, Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Movies:

# Last Night (2009)

# Avatar (2009)

# Terminator Salvation (2009)

there's more but i'm too annoyed to post them right now. James Cameron sure likes using him a lot :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Samuel Worthington.

Born on August 2, 1976; Sam Worthington graduated form NIDA (Australia's National Institute of Dramatic Art) in 1998 at the age of 22. Sam received critical acclaim for his portrayal of Arthur Wellesley in his first professional role in the Belvoir Street Theatre production "Judas Kiss" (directed by Neil Armfield). He then went on to work in Australian television on such shows as Water Rats (2000) and Backburner and then on the American TV show JAG's 100th episode (Boomerang part 1). Also in 2000, Sam made his first movie appearance in the highly acclaimed Australian movie "Bootmen", about a troop of `tap dogs'; the film also starred Adam Garcia as Sam's brother. Minor roles proceeded in "Hart's War" and "Matter of Life" before Sam starred in another hailed Australian drama, 2002's "Dirty Deeds", which also starred Toni Collette and John Goodman.

The following year he starred in yet another Aussie film, opposite David Wenham in "Getting Square". The director of the film, Jonathan Teplitzky originally tested actors who were up to 8 years older than the then 27 year old Worthington. Teplitzky wasn't sure Sam "could convincingly play a tough guy and also have elements of the leading man about him", but in the end Teplitzky decided Sam was "fantastic", and had "David playing the older, slightly more streetwise accomplice" proclaiming "it worked".

But it wasn't until 2004 that Sam got his big break. Having made his directorial debut on the short film, "Enzo", Sam was offered the role of Joe in the unique and greatly acclaimed Australian drama, written and directed by Cate Shortland, "Somersault" opposite Abbie Cornish. "Somersault" took 7 years to make, and Shortland wanted to cast the perfect actor in the role of Joe. Shortland did much preparation for the film, arranging for a 3-week rehearsal period prior to shooting, it all paid off. The film did amazingly well, making a clean sweep of the Australian Film Institute awards in 2004 to win in all 13 film categories - the first time this has ever occurred in the award's history. It beat the previous record of eight AFI awards shared by Lantana (2001) and Newsfront (1978). Sam won the AFI for best male actor.

Described as "one of Australia's most likeable young leading men" (efilmcritic.com), Sam has a strong career ahead of him. Already with 4 films lined up for 2005/6, including the Australian 'M.' in which he plays an updated version of the famous Shakespeare character, Macbeth. This is one Aussie actor to keep a look out for.

Movies:

Clash of the Titans (2010) (filming) .... Perseus

The Debt (2010) (post-production) .... Young David

Avatar (2009) (post-production) .... Jake Sully

Last Night (2009) (post-production) .... Michael Reed

Terminator Salvation (2009) .... Marcus Wright

Rogue (2007) .... Neil Kelly

"Two Twisted" .... Gus Rogers (1 episode, 2006)

Delivery Man (2006) TV episode .... Gus Rogers

Macbeth (2006/I) .... Macbeth

"The Surgeon" .... Dr. Sam Dash (8 episodes, 2005)

Fink! (2005) .... Able

The Great Raid (2005) .... PFC Lucas

"Love My Way" .... Howard Light (9 episodes, 2004-2005)

Blue Poles (2004) .... Miles

Somersault (2004) .... Joe

Thunderstruck (2004) .... Ronnie

Gettin' Square (2003) .... Barry 'Wattsy' Wirth

Dirty Deeds (2002) .... Darcy

Hart's War (2002) .... Cpl. B.J. 'Depot' Guidry

A Matter of Life (2001) .... Our Hero

"Blue Heelers" .... Shane Donovan (1 episode, 2000)

Bootmen (2000) .... Mitchell

"Water Rats" .... Phillip Champion (1 episode, 2000)

Able to Leap Tall Buildings (2000) TV episode .... Phillip Champion

"JAG" .... Dunsmore (1 episode, 2000)

Boomerang: Part 1 (2000) TV episode .... Dunsmore

come on people! nobody like him?!

he's going to play Perseus in the remake of The Clash of the Titans...cool!

yes, YES, jewel!! that's why i'm in his thread when i saw that u made it!! i loved him in Terminator Salvation but what i'm so looking forward to seeing him in is the Clash remake cuz i LOVE Greek mythology!! can't wait to see it next year....should be awesome!! plus, he looks incredible showing off his sexy legs lol :wave:

come on people! nobody like him?!

he's going to play Perseus in the remake of The Clash of the Titans...cool!

yes, YES, jewel!! that's why i'm in his thread when i saw that u made it!! i loved him in Terminator Salvation but what i'm so looking forward to seeing him in is the Clash remake cuz i LOVE Greek mythology!! can't wait to see it next year....should be awesome!! plus, he looks incredible showing off his sexy legs lol :wave:

oohhh finally someone! thanks Chris! I'm glad you like him too! he's very sexy, I think most australian men are, Russell Crow, Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana...

:laugh:

I can't wait to see Terminator Salvation!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...