Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

From Sassi Sam blog:

60hours.jpg

"I’m so excited to be able to EXCLUSIVELY reveal to you the announcement of Miranda Kerr as the Global Ambassador for Earth Hour 2011. Her first campaign since giving birth to Baby Flynn on January 6th this year, we see Miranda absolutely glowing with good health and happiness in the Earth Hour photo, photographed by Chris Colls. "

Miranda is so excited to be Earth Hour’s Global Ambassador and shared the following about her new role:

“Each of us has a responsibility for the sustainability of our planet and each of us can make a difference if we choose to do so. On 26 March at 8:30pm Earth Hour 2011 will take place – globally. This is an opportunity for every individual, every business and every community to switch their lights off for one hour in a collective display of commitment to protect the one thing that unites us all – the planet.

I am pleased to be a Global Ambassador for Earth Hour this year and I personally will be participating in the Earth Hour event on 26 March 2011 along with billions of other people globally and will continue to adopt sustainability practices thereafter in my everyday life, together we can make a difference! Hope you can join us.

Lots of love, Miranda.”

As we know Miranda is strong advocate through her own Kora Organics Website where she shares her learnings of good health and how to be a good person and to care for not only our planet but for our fellow human beings. Miranda works tirelessly to use her voice to make a positive difference to the world:

“This year I will be going beyond the hour by continuing to recycle and by buying organic produce from local farmers markets thereby cutting down on the pesticides and insecticides used on our planet and reducing food miles,” Kerr said.

In 2010 hundreds of millions of people, in 128 countries and territories across the world, took part in Earth Hour. This year Earth Hour asks people to commit to an action, big or small, that they will sustain for the future of our planet, when they switch off the lights at 8:30pm Saturday 26 March.

Earth Hour has introduced an online platform www.earthhour.org/beyondthehour that enables everyone across the globe to share their actions to share and inspire others to protect the planet.

Miranda joins present and previous ambassadors for Earth Hour including: The Most Reverend Archbishop Desmond Tutu, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon, actress Cate Blanchett, Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen, singer Tom Jones, Coldplay’s Chris Martin, Chinese Actress Li Bingbing, Pakistan’s cricket legend Wasim Akram, actor Edward Norton, DJ Ferry Corsten, and international footballer Franceso Totti.

For further details on how you can participate in Earth Hour plus take Earth Hour – “Beyond the Hour” visit their website: www.earthhour.org.

I wonder how many more Miranda's secrets hide Sassi Sam :)