Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

Nymphomaniac It's a good movie I guess. The press made a lot of fuss about the explicit scenes, maybe the version I saw was cut but it wasn't that shocking. The story itself is good, but I didn't really like the narration (way too many silent sequnces for my taste). I'll also give a plus for the music, it made the film more agreable to watch. 6.5/10

American Hustle. By far the most overrated movie of this award season. We shut it off halfway through because the movie wasn't going ANYWHERE. It was jumbled all up, and was trying to be SOO Martin Scorsese with the scene and music cuts, etc. but it was just failing. Jennifer Lawrence in that movie has got to be the worst miscasting ever too. I love her, but the role and her acting was not good. She looks 18 years old and was playing a mother of like a 7 year old, totally miscast.

5/10.

12 Years a Slave: Amazing and powerful movie. I really enjoyed it from beginning to end. It's a movie that just really knows how to pull you in and stir up so many emotions. I love how they told the story and stayed faithful to the book with just a few changes here and there. The acting was amazing especially from Chitweltel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender, and Lupita and Sarah were nice too. Overall just an amazing movie and a must see.

12 Years a Slave: Incredibly moving, super terrible movie..I mean terrible in a way thats cringworthy, its just terrible to think how we used to treat people. Lupita was great, I know she won the Oscar for it, but honestly she was in the movie for like a total of 3 minutes and spoke twice.  The rest of the time she was crying. Great performances, and I expected it to be realllyyy boring at times, but stayed tense throughout. Chiwetel was GREAT. :thumbsup:

8.5-9/10

Yeah I noticed that as well although she did do really well in the few scenes she did have. I just wished she would have had a little more dialogue.

American Hustle. By far the most overrated movie of this award season. We shut it off halfway through because the movie wasn't going ANYWHERE. It was jumbled all up, and was trying to be SOO Martin Scorsese with the scene and music cuts, etc. but it was just failing. Jennifer Lawrence in that movie has got to be the worst miscasting ever too. I love her, but the role and her acting was not good. She looks 18 years old and was playing a mother of like a 7 year old, totally miscast.

5/10.

Hey! Same here, I stopped the movie because it was si bring, can believe this s crap was even nominated, and Lawrence again, seriously, she did nothing to be outstanding and to be nominated, same si the rest of the cast. Very dissaponting.

12 Years a Slave: Incredibly moving, super terrible movie..I mean terrible in a way thats cringworthy, its just terrible to think how we used to treat people. Lupita was great, I know she won the Oscar for it, but honestly she was in the movie for like a total of 3 minutes and spoke twice.  The rest of the time she was crying. Great performances, and I expected it to be realllyyy boring at times, but stayed tense throughout. Chiwetel was GREAT. :thumbsup:

8.5-9/10

Yeah I noticed that as well although she did do really well in the few scenes she did have. I just wished she would have had a little more dialogue.

Yeah IDK I just thought it was kinda weird, all this buzz and she barely even spoke. There were other people, and woman in the movie whom spoke more than her and were just as good, yet didn't get any nominations or buzz/recognition. Thats not to say Lupita was still amazing with what little speaking she did ;)

5/10.

Hey! Same here, I stopped the movie because it was si bring, can believe this s crap was even nominated, and Lawrence again, seriously, she did nothing to be outstanding and to be nominated, same si the rest of the cast. Very dissaponting.

We got an hour into it, and shut it off, It wasn't going anywhere! I don't understand how anybody couldhave been entertained by that movie...sucky thing is that it kept you watching because it always seemed like something was gonna happen but never did :laugh:

The whole cast is full of actors I love and respect (amy, jen, cooper, and bale) but every single one of those acting and movie noms was just undeserving! 

• 2 weeks later...

The Hunger Games 1 and 2 : I really enjoyed the first one. The second however felt a little too much like the first, with a twist at the end. Even though I was a little disappointed, I'll probably watch the next, I like the story. 8/10 for the first, 6.5/10 for the second.

Grand Budapest Hotel - Loved it! Liked it more than Moonrise Kingdom. Surprisingly violent, but still in an inoffensive cartoony sort of way. Omg @ Tilda Swinton. Really beautiful looking movie!

Such a delight. Whenever Wes Anderson releases something new, it makes me reevaluate my top three Wes Anderson movies. :laugh: