Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

More tweets from the Seth show. His want for privacy shouldn't get in the way of other people's enjoying of the show. It's rude to the other people around and it's rude to Seth. Come on Leo, just not cool, I know if I was an audience member I would be pissed. I know that wasn't is intention, but hopefully he'll learn from this. 

Michel Sonos‏@MichaelSonos

Hey @LeoDiCaprio - next time you want to go unnoticed, don't make such a big deal of yourself. That was rude at @SethMacFarlane show.

Erica Mutton‏@emutton

@MichaelSonos @LeoDiCaprio @SethMacFarlane is that really who is responsible for all that hooting and hollering at Seth tonight? Hilarious.

Everyone does things that can be considered "rude" without realizing it. It's natural, he's not perfect. He regularly attends events late, no matter what it is. Most times he can do it more successful. Overall I consider Leo a mainly courteous person, which is what most people say of him most of the time. I don't think this incident is a big issue at all. I doubt Seth cares either

^Of course he's not perfect, I just get bugged by these things. It's just common courtesy, I get upset when people do that when I'm at events and shows, it's extremely distracting, so that is why I'm upset. Obviously several people noticed and thought it was pretty rude. Leo probably didn't realize it which is fine, just hope he learns from it or how to do it better next time around. 

New British GQ cover

810.jpg

For this month's GQ cover story, Features Director Jonathan Heaf observed Leonardo DiCaprio's every move as he joined him at the Baftas - and paid particular attention to his entourage. "Tobey Maguire, Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu and Rick Yorn were the only men in his orbit," he comments. "Supermodels come and go, but friendship offers what fame dissolves: friendship."

Leo on Tobey Maguire

"I just made him my pal. When I want someone to be my friend, I just make them my friend."

Leo on drug addicts

"I would walk outside my house and it was everywhere - crackheads everywhere. It made me think twice. It was a great lesson, and I'm not saying that's what kids need to see, in order to run away from it. But it was just never going to be an option for me.

•  

Leo on his dad

"My dad has been incredibly influential. I give him credit for so many of my choices as an actor, especially early on, steering me towards non-obvious sorts of characters and to take risks. My father says basically this: "No matter what you do, two things matter. Try to lead an interesting life and no matter what your life is like, try to find a way to wake up every morning and just be happy you can put your pants on."'

Want more? Get the latest issue of British GQ

Fash

Tks for new Japan /Leo cover :smile: 

Leo's latest eco investment

Just months after landing the coveted Academy Award for his performance in The Revenant, Leonardo DiCaprio has announced investment in Runa, which aims to support Ecuadorian farmers through fair trade. The beverage startup made our Inc. 5000 list at No. 203 in 2015, having grown its revenue by more than 2,000 percent since 2011, and bringing in nearly $5 million in sales in 2014. This year, Runa expects to more than double that figure.

On Monday, the Brooklyn, N.Y.-based startup announced a new round of funding from investors including DiCaprio, comedian Marlo Wayans and actor Adam Rodriguez, along with professional tennis players John Isner and Steve Johnson. DiCaprio has also joined Runa's board of directors, which includes Yolanda Kakabadse, the president of the World Wildlife Fund, and Ann Veneman, the former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture and director of UNICEF.

Runa manufactures organic teas and natural energy drinks made from guayusa, a plant native to Ecuador and which the local population has consumed for centuries. Runa, whose name means "fully alive" in the local Kichwa language, supports more than 3,000 indigenous families that grow guayusa, often by hiring them directly.

"The future of these communities, and many like them across the world, are at risk as their native lands are exploited for natural resource and agricultural development. Sustainable farming practices are key to helping ensure a brighter future for so many local people," DiCaprio said of his decision to invest in the company. Uniquely, the Hollywood actor plans to donate his shares back to the indigenous people. 

"We must all do everything we can to help indigenous and local people who too often suffer the worst environmental degradation, and are most at risk from climate change," he added.

DiCaprio has invested in a number of private companies to date, such as Mobli, a photo and video-sharing platform, and Rubicon Global, an on-demand trash-hauling app. The actor's eponymous nonprofit, the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, is devoted to fighting climate change and other environmental issues, and has awarded $45 million worth of grants since launching in 2014.

Runa, which is headed up by co-founder Tyler Gage, has raised more than $5 million in venture capital funding since inception in 2008, landing wholesale partnerships with companies including Whole Foods, Safeway, and Amazon. 

From US article about Met Gala afterparties

Meanwhile, perennial party boy DiCaprio arrived at 11:45 p.m. and left before 1 a.m. with three male buddies. Several attendees came up to greet him as he stayed in the back of the dance floor.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/dance-offs-unlikely-bffs-dirty-talk-inside-the-met-gala-afterparty-w205069 

Looking forward to seeing pix from this event :thumbsup:

Actor Leonardo DiCaprio and fashion mogul Ralph Lauren are set to be honored an event held by Hudson River guardians, Riverkeeper.  According to their website, the two will be honored for their contributions towards protecting the environment. The 50th annual Fisherman’s Ball will also feature performances by Sting and a new short film with an intro by Robert De Niro.

It’s all happening May 18th at Pier Sixty, Chelsea Piers in New York City and is hosted by Bravo TV’s Andy Cohen (Watch What Happens Live). Sounds like a great event, but tickets aren’t cheap. Keep in mind the proceeds all go to benefit Riverkeeper, but with tickets starting at $1,000 and going all the way to $100,000, you won’t see many of your friends and neighbors there.

Riverkeeper was formed in 1966 and helps protect the Hudson River and New York City Watershed.

We began as the Hudson River Fisherman’s Association and, nearly 50 years later, we are New York’s clean water advocate, having helped set worldwide standards for waterway and watershed protection and serving as the model for more than 280 Keeper programs around the globe.

Read More: Hudson River Event To Honor DiCaprio, Lauren | http://wrrv.com/hudson-river-event-to-honor-dicaprio-lauren/?trackback=tsmclip 

Barbie

Yes, I didn't think it was from last night , but  I wasn't sure what event it was from, maybe, someone else will remember :smile:

Barbie and Ox, the pic is from the MET after party, here are photos of him leaving in the same outfit. That is Anna Ewers also in the picture.

Actor Leonardo DiCaprio is seen coming out of the Boom on May 2, 2016 in New York City.

0000.jpg 000.jpg 00.jpg 0.jpg 

How in the hell has he not tripped or ran into a wall or something :rofl: 

On 5/2/2016 at 3:14 PM, oxford25 said:

Leo's latest eco investment

About RUNA, I'm so happy about this investment. I love Runa drinks, and I'm happy knowing when I buy them that it is supporting these communities. Hugh Jackman did something similar with coffee and I think both are awesome causes :thumbsup:

Also loving that British GQ cover! I can't wait to read the full interview :hehe: 

Kat

Tks for new Leo pix & identifying those were from last night :smile:

Yes , Leo has perfected the downward glance walk :p

As to coffee /Jackman , I remember when Leo did similar venture with  La  Colombe coffee 

2 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Kat

Tks for new Leo pix & identifying those were from last night :smile:

Yes , Leo has perfected the downward glance walk :p

As to coffee /Jackman , I remember when Leo did similar venture with  La  Colombe coffee 

I had forgotten about that! So this is the second type of investment from Leo like this. I think both are awesome causes :thumbsup: