Bellazon

Me vs Myself - A Music Game

Stormbringer

Let's kick off 2023 with a new game :chicken: 

This will follow the same principle of "The Cover Or The Original?" but it will be much more general.

For each round we will face two different versions of the same song. But it doesn't have to be the original vs a cover version. It can be 2 different covers, none being the original; or it can be an early career version vs a late career version by the same artist... or the studio recording vs a live performance... or two different live performances... you name it!

It's all valid as long as it is the same song.

Same as in "The Cover Or The Original", the next participant will choose which version they prefer to then post a new pairing and so on.

For each round you can title the videos however you want :chicken: 

Also I reckon this can open the door for Classical Music to participate, since the concepts of "cover" and "original" from the other game have little sense in that world. But things are much more free here.

So, to start things off...

Round 1:

Early Career Version:

Late Career Version:

Full credit for this idea goes to @SuperG.Girl :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: 

Thx @Stormbringer :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

18 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Also I reckon this can open the door for Classical Music to participate, since the concepts of "cover" and "original" from the other game have little sense in that world. But things are much more free here.

It can also open the door for traditional songs to participate ..... songs of unknown origin or songs dating back to eras no recording was available like the one I'm gonna add .........after finishing the preface :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let's play :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

Voting for Late Career Version :chicken::chicken::chicken:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 2:

Bob Dylan's House of the Rising Sun:

The Animals' House of the Rising Sun:

47 minutes ago, SuperG.Girl said:

It can also open the door for traditional songs to participate ..... songs of unknown origin or songs dating back to eras no recording was available

Yes it does! :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

----------------------

By far The Animals' House of the Rising Sun :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

----------------------

Round 3:

The Metal Version

I Prefer Pop En Español

I Prefer Pop En Español :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 4:

Staying alive ... seriously fucked up by Bruce Springsteen:

Staying alive ... mildly fucked up by Ozzy Osbourne:

Definitely not what I expected my vote would be...

I'll go with Staying alive ... seriously fucked up by Bruce Springsteen :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

Damn this version is good!! :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: 

---------------------------------------------------

Round 5:

Piano solo... as it was originally written

Orchestral arrangement by Rimsky-Korsakov

If the door is now open for classical music... let's let classical music through :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: 

14 hours ago, SuperG.Girl said:

Glam Fool :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

:war::war::war::war::war::war::war::war:

--------------------------

Similar to "Always Bon Scott"... a "Never Status Quo" seems to exist as well :rofl: 

By far Billy Idol - Mony Mony :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: 

-------------------------- 

Round 10:

Electric Layla:

Unplugged Layla:

Even though Sammy Hagar is objectively a far superior singer... I'll go with  David Lee Roth is jumping :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

----------------------------------------------------------

Round 12:

In the studio:

Crazy fast and live in Seattle:

On 1/4/2023 at 12:37 PM, SuperG.Girl said:

Electric Layla

:chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

Totally unexpected! :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: 

Crazy fast and live in Seattle

:chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 13

Both of them beat Prince in his own original .......... let's see who is gonna be the ultimate winner :chicken: :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

Nothing compares to her:

Nothing compares to him:

As a Chris Cornell fan this hurts bad but... 

I'll go with Nothing compares to him :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

------------------------------ 

Round 14:

Zombie reigning in the studio:

Zombie reigning live... with kazoo:

Spoiler
On 1/5/2023 at 4:41 PM, SuperG.Girl said:

Crazy fast and live in Seattle

:chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

So unexpected too :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: