Bellazon

Guti
Thumbnail

Nicole

• 3 weeks later...

Guti wants to retire at Real Madrid

Guti has declared his intention of gaining back his first team spot, after spending time on the sidelines pondering about his career.

The veteran playmaker, who hasn't featured for Real in a couple of months before the team's latest game against Mallorca, told Marca in an interview: "Physically I feel fine now, but I spent two months not able to play."

Guti's time spent on recovery and his recent lack of first-team football has, coincidentally, been in sync with his well-publicised bustup with Manuel Pellegrini during Los Merengues' Copa del Rey upset against Alcorcon.

However, Guti has asserted that he is ready to challenge for his place and both him and Raul will do their best to get back in the first XI.

"We are aware that every day we have to work harder to take minutes," he said.

Having spent his entire playing career at the Bernabeu, Guti added that he had "not received any offers to leave Madrid in the winter market," and he does "not plan to leave because I want to retire at Real Madrid."

Guti did reveal his excitement at the reported transfer of Racing starlet Sergio Canales.

"Canales is one player with a lot of potential, who has shown he is cold-blooded [in front of goal]."

• 2 weeks later...