Thumbnail

nanook351

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/models/a2827/models-remember-eileen-ford/

"Top Models Remember Eileen Ford"

Renée Toft Simonsen: Signed to Ford Models in 1980

"I lived with Eileen and Jerry back when their daughter Katie was still living at home—I have to say that they were fantastic to me. They took me in and made me a part of their family, and I know that the protection of Eileen saved me a lot of experiences in the modeling buisness. Eileen was a tough lady to work with—she was very set on her ideas—but at the same time she had these standards for how to behave and how to be a human being, standards that were founded in a deep morality, of right and wrong. She had a very big heart and she took care of the girls she worked with in a very special manner. I loved her very much. She became my American mother."

post-21846-0-60632400-1434200867_thumb.j

Courtesy Catherine Ahnell

Renée at the 1984 "Face of the Eighties" contest with Eileen Ford and winner Catherine Ahnell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Book - Model Woman: Eileen Ford and the Business of Beauty by Robert Lacy, June 2015

post-21846-0-18846500-1441383230_thumb.jpost-21846-0-16547700-1441383696_thumb.jpost-21846-0-50012100-1441383710_thumb.j

This photo in Moscow with Monika Schnarre and Christy Turlington is the only one inside of the book of Renée.

The photo from the book cover is a re-print from a Sports Illustrated picture by John G. Zimmerman.

• 1 month later...