Bellazon

Aishwarya Rai
Thumbnail

Ronin

ok whoever said ash wasnt pretty open ur damn eyes. show me someone with a prettier face... ok anyway, i have a question. if she is indian how come she has blue eyes. i know alot of indian people have colored eyes but i never knew why

ok whoever said ash wasnt pretty open ur damn eyes. show me someone with a prettier face... ok anyway, i have a question. if she is indian how come she has blue eyes. i know alot of indian people have colored eyes but i never knew why

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WHY NOT?! what type of dumb question is that its not IMPOSSIBLE for us people to have colored eyes my sister has colored eyes and im from the same place she is! why do u guys think that us indians/ pakistanis cant have colored eyes? im sorry but thats offensive! why dont u guys say that about italians, brazilians and all the other ppl?! :angry:

i was just wondering why. i didnt know europeans went everywhere!! shit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im sorry but tht was offensive to me. i didnt mean to get mad its just ppl think we cant do nething or have colored eyes or ne of that stuff! im sorry about that but it just made me mad! :blush:

no i know many indians have colored eyes but i was wondering about the history. like if europeans went there

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh ok i dont know about that but more pakistanis have colored eyes! u havent seen many but in pakistan theres a lot of ppl there with them my sister also has gray/green eyes!! but its more ocmmon in Pakistan rather than in India.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WHY NOT?! what type of dumb question is that its not IMPOSSIBLE for us people to have colored eyes my sister has colored eyes and im from the same place she is! why do u guys think that us indians/ pakistanis cant have colored eyes? im sorry but thats offensive! why dont u guys say that about italians, brazilians and all the other ppl?! :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My father's punjabi side has way more blue/green eyed people than my mom's portuguese side. We have an annual parade over here for sikhs and you will see hundreds of people walking around with light colored eyes. Light eyes are fairly common among north indians.

Yes pakistanis have more people with light colored eyes and its mainly because of the aryans.

natalie no offense to you. I see that Adriana is your number. Why didnt You ask the same queation in regards to her eye color. She is of mixed genes. Europeans went to almost every continent and left their genes everywhere, that is why you see such a mixture of facial features on people. As you can see that in Adriana.

Light eyes are fairly common among north indians.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.

And in all fairness, I don't think Natalie was trying to be offensive, you know? I mean, I just read the post, and it certainly didn't come across to me like that.

In fact, I get the opposite reaction quite often: people think I'm Indian because of my darker (than usual white) skin and light eyes. I've had people come up to me (in New York, where I lived for 7 years, or even in Singapore, where I lived for 6 months) and assume I'm Indian, and speak to me in Hindi, Urdu... and forget about going to India (I've been three times)! People looked at me funny when I spoke English, or request an English language menu at the restaurant.

One guy from Northern India even told me he thought I was his cousin, so much like him I look! And I had a cab driver in New York lecture me on how I "shouldn't be ashamed of (my) roots" when I insisted I was not Indian (he insisted I was)!

Blue eyes, brown eyes, blue skin, brown skin, round eyes, slanted eyes, it's all good :) I actually think Natalie should be praised for being curious as to the origin of light eyes in the sub-continent, not reprimanded. Most people (here in the US in general, and just as much in L.A. where I've lived for several years now) would not give a damn.

Anyways, all this to say, my hat's off to you, Natalie :)