Bellazon

Bellazon discriminates against gender minorities

I Read Vogue

So I'm new here in the forums and I'm really enjoying it but I just realized there's a very problematic issue going on that nobody is talking about. Why is it that on my profile settings I can only pick male or female as my gender? What if I don't self-identify as male nor female? I figured the community would have a lot to gain from being more inclusive to minorities. If you can't add all genders, why not add a text field where I can add my own gender? Wouldn't that be pretty simple? This is discrimination against LGBTQ minorities in case it's not clear, this is almost bigotry.

Please think about the impact that this kind of mentality has on the minorities who also browse Bellazon.

22 hours ago, I Read Vogue said:

So I'm new here in the forums and I'm really enjoying it but I just realized there's a very problematic issue going on that nobody is talking about. Why is it that on my profile settings I can only pick male or female as my gender? What if I don't self-identify as male nor female? I figured the community would have a lot to gain from being more inclusive to minorities. If you can't add all genders, why not add a text field where I can add my own gender? Wouldn't that be pretty simple? This is discrimination against LGBTQ minorities in case it's not clear, this is almost bigotry.

Please think about the impact that this kind of mentality has on the minorities who also browse Bellazon.

It doesn't have to do with any discrimination policies ..... I think the way gender is picked is a built in function and can't be altered.

You can self-identify yourself anyway you want using your signature. Any statement will be accepted no discrimination whatsoever ..... check out mine ybItnYHW_o.gif

2 hours ago, SuperG.Girl said:

It doesn't have to do with any discrimination policies ..... I think the way gender is picked is a built in function and can't be altered.

You can self-identify yourself anyway you want using your signature. Any statement will be accepted no discrimination whatsoever ..... check out mine ybItnYHW_o.gif

It is still discriminatory, even if it's not intentional. Don't defend this kind of behavior. This is transphobia in its most explicit form.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:15 AM, I Read Vogue said:

It is still discriminatory, even if it's not intentional. Don't defend this kind of behavior. This is transphobia in its most explicit form.

It probably is or was some kind of built-in function of the forum, but I agree that having an extra pronoun or gender option would be prudent and a respectful solution. Leave it with me and I'll see if it's possible to do.

1 hour ago, Michael* said:

It probably is or was some kind of built-in function of the forum, but I agree that having an extra pronoun or gender option would be prudent and a respectful solution. Leave it with me and I'll see if it's possible to do.

I think the best and easiest solution would be to simply add a text field where you can insert your preferred gender and/or pronoun instead of having a long non-exhaustive list.

31 minutes ago, I Read Vogue said:

I think the best and easiest solution would be to simply add a text field where you can insert your preferred gender and/or pronoun instead of having a long non-exhaustive list.

Agreed, I think that would be the most practical way to do it.

On 7/6/2021 at 3:19 PM, I Read Vogue said:

we appreciate your feedback but I fear allowing people to type whatever they like will lead to more work for us admins/moderators as they can type inappropriate/irrelevant items in that page which we would then have to police. We can add "Other" to the drop down if they want but I would not want to add all gender pronouns (from what I saw on google was 78).