Bellazon

Cristiano Ronaldo
Thumbnail

persuazn

Ronaldo set to take over Becks' crown

Cristiano Ronaldo is poised to take over David Beckham as the face of world of football.

Ronaldo, who made a £80 million world record move to Real Madrid, is younger and so has more potential than LA Gaklaxy's Beckham

Beckham has been the king of commercial deals for a long time and now Ronaldo is ready to overtake him.

According to sports branding expert Simon Chadwick from Coventry University, 24-year-old Ronaldo has already signed record-breaking deals with brands and looks set to improve on that.

"Beckham, because of his age and the stage of his career, has lost it. And Ronaldo is ideally placed to assume the mantle of ‘brand Beckham', especially among young kids and teenagers," he told the Daily Star. <_<

Ronaldo: I have nothing to prove

Cristiano Ronaldo has failed to impress in pre-season friendlies for Real Madrid, but the winger reveals he is not worried.

Speaking to AS, Ronaldo said: "I don't worry about my form. The only important thing is that Madrid win. I am calm, working hard and I am with a fantastic group."

The Portuguese international believes that he has "nothing to prove".

With his astronomical £80 million price tag, critics have been quick to lambast the winger on his poor performances.

"I don't worry about my form. The only important thing is that Madrid win. I am calm, working hard and I am with a fantastic group," Ronaldo said.

With the new season to the Primera Liga set to kick-off, the Neo-Galacticos will come under scrutiny once again as they prepare to dethrone treble champions Barcelona.

Ronaldo, however, insists his team is unnerved by the daunting task ahead.

"We don't think about Barcelona. We must do a good job all year and see how far we get. We have no pressure," he declared.