Bellazon

Cristiano Ronaldo
Thumbnail

persuazn

Top ref claims Ronaldo cheats

Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo has been lambasted by a top official for always trying to con referees.

Claus Bo Larsen, who took charge of his final European game this week between Ajax and AC Milan, officiated in the 2008/09 Champions League semi-final first leg between Manchester United and Arsenal which ended 1-0 in United's favour.

He told the Daily Mirror that then United star Ronaldo is the "most irritating player" he has handled during his 14-year career and because the Portuguese is "always out to get a cheap free-kick, especially at home."

"We tended to talk in the referee's room before games about how he would go down easily. We know not to be biased, but we have to be prepared," he was quoted in the Daily Mirror as saying.

"He has a clean slate at the start of every game. When he would lie down after failing to win a free-kick, he would smile at me because he knew I didn't fall for his stunts."

The Danish referee had kinder words for United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, although he did admit that the fiery Scot can be unpredictable at times.

"I have a good relationship with Ferguson, even though he is always screaming and shouting at referees," he said.

"I'll never forget him coming to hammer on my dressing-room door after a Champions League game at Old Trafford. He simply said: 'That was the best refereeing performance in many years.' It was great."

Bo Larsen has been FIFA-listed referee since 1996 and is classified as a FIFA Top Class Referee.

REAL MADRID GOALKEEPER IKER CASILLAS DENIES RIFT WITH CRISTIANO RONALDO

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas has once again denied rumours of a rift between him and Cristiano Ronaldo, and has accused the media of attempting to create a negative atmosphere around the club.

The legendary glovesman addressed the press today, and claimed that his relationship with the Portuguese international is as strong as ever.

"There are people who want to create controversy, and a bad atmosphere in the dressing room. The truth is the opposite. We get along very well.

"There is no rift or confrontation, quite the contrary. He is a great guy who is very jovial, and we are not people who like to cause problems in the dressing room. This is a healthy group."

Casillas added that he hoped his comments would put an end to the sniping and allow los Blancos to get on with the task of playing football.

"Behind closed doors there is a good atmosphere and good vibes. I do not say anything bad in the dressing room. We must turn the page, and forget about little things like this."

29dy2vr_th.jpg

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas has strongly denied the media’s claims that there is a rift between him and team mate Cristiano Ronaldo which is dividing the club.

Iker Casillas prefers to move on and avoid the noise created by the media. Rumors in Spain actually suggest that Casillas’ girlfriend, journalist Sara Carbonero, is the one behind this alleged split between the two players following her comments describing Cristiano Ronaldo as a selfish player a few months back. But as Xabi Alonso and Angel Di Maria insisted earlier this week, there is no such thing going on at Real Madrid.

“There are people who try to create controversy and a bad atmosphere within the team. Meanwhile, it’s just the opposite,” Casillas said according to Real Madrid’s official website.

“Cristiano Ronaldo and I get along very well. We come from different places. But, this doesn’t mean that we’re distant or that we have confrontations.

“It’s quite the opposite. There are no groups or clicks here. There is a great atmosphere. We’re young as a group, and we get along well.

“There are good vibes all around. We’ve just got to move on and not to be concerned by such stupidities (from the media).”

Second-placed Real Madrid have a crunch much against Sevilla on Sunday. Being two points behind Barcelona ahead of match-day17 puts more pressure on Los Blancos to perform as the gap could open to 5 points by the time the Real Madrid vs Sevilla fixture gets underway.

"Rumours concerning Cristiano and Casillas' relationship are made up in order to sell newspapers"

"We are having a perfect season; we haven't lost any of our chances to win titles"

Alberto Navarro / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Jose Mourinho adressed the media the day prior to facing Sevilla at the Bernabeu. The coach asked fans to pack the stadium in support of the team.

"The match against Sevilla is worth three points regardless of absences on either team. Both sides want to win for different reasons. Our fans must always make a difference and they are always there for us at home. The two games we have yet to play before the new year are important. If I may, I'd like to ask the fans to come to the stadium. We will give our all in both games and they will help us win with their support."

"Gregorio Manzano is the coach of Sevilla, a team with quality players. I have great respect for him and his side. I will greet him before the match, just like I greet every other coach at my stadium."

"Rumours concerning Cristiano and Casillas' relationship are made up in order to sell newspapers when there are no real interesting news. Some news that are made up, such as false signings, are much less detrimental to the image of players. That's all it is. There are no problems on my squad. We don't want to play this game, but I do have to say me have no internal strife whatsoever."

"The Medical Staff knew we lacked men and that getting at least one out of the infirmary would be important to us. Sergio Ramos is ready and he wants to play, so he will. He'll have time to recover in the holidays if he happens to experience some problems during the match. He did everything he could to play again, as befits a true captain and team worker."

"Arbeloa will be a starter. He always does well in any position and he is a great player on this squad. He is performing brilliantly. Players earn a starting position by doing a good job in training and by playing games."

"This has been the best year in my career. I would give myself an 11 out of 10. I won every cvhampionship I played in last season and we currently have lost none of our chances to win titles at Real Madrid. The league is very open still. We've qualified for the Last 16 both in the Copa del Rey and the Champions League. We also were the best side in the Champions League group stage. This season has been perfect for us so far."

"It will be good for Benzema to play if we don't experience problems during the match. I didn't need forwards in the last 20 minutes of our match against Zaragoza because we were already winning 3-1. Problems could arise if we happen to be losing or drawing the match with so little time left, forcing me to come up with a more offensive lineup. I therefore have to study the match well in order to decide if I'll use Benzema as a starter or if I'll keep him on the bench. It's better for him to play, but the same goes for Cristiano Ronaldo and Di Maria."

"Kaka was very excited and moved for training with the team again today. We want him to continue to work with his team-mates until Wednesday. We want him to train with the squad more often after the holidays in order to be able to play, or at least be benched, by mid-January."

"We will not have a team get-together on 31 December. It isn't true. I will have the traditional grapes at home. If the players want to get together, then let it be so, but my staf and I will be with our families."

"Pressure doesn't really affect me. I suffered more from it in Italy than I do here. I had to spend 90 minutes addressing the media after a game in Italy. The only thing I have to do over here is to ask my colleagues on other teams when I can give a press conference, given that some of them are more vulnerable and therefore want to choose when to do their's. We work well over here, and we all head in the same direction, with the same style of addressing the media. I'll never get tired with this system."

REAL MADRID LEGEND ALFREDO DI STEFANO SELECTS CRISTIANO RONALDO OVER MESSI AS THE WORLD'S BEST PLAYER

Real Madrid’s legendary figure Alfredo Di Stefano has chosen Cristiano Ronaldo over Lionel Messi, when asked which player he feels is the superior footballer.

The former Los Blancos genius was giving a lecture at an event in the capital yesterday evening, and when asked the questions as to which of the two superstars he preferred, he answered simply: “Messi or Cristiano,? For me Cristiano, because he is with us, at Real Madrid.”

He also went on to discuss his opinion of the quality of the current Madrid team, and what they are capable of achieving this season.

He continued: “We have a great team. We need stability, and some confidence, but I am very happy with the players we have. We do not need to sign anyone in the winter market. We have a phenomenal team.”

Singling out coach Jose Mourinho for individual praise, Di Stefano added: “He is a really good coach. The team has achieved safety, but also effectiveness.”

He also spoke of his dream of seeing the team win the European Cup for the tenth occasion in their history, concluding: “We must have moral, and think that we can win. We have very good players, of course we can win it.”