Bellazon

Cristiano Ronaldo
Thumbnail

persuazn

Cristiano Ronaldo continues to make a run at Real Madrid's history books. On Tuesday against Ajax, the Portuguese international scored the third and fourth goals of the night and his 50th and 51st since joining Real Madrid.

Cristiano Ronaldo reaches the mark in 54 matches played for Real Madrid

Realmadrid.com

Cristiano Ronaldo continues to make a run at Real Madrid's history books. On Tuesday against Ajax, the Portuguese international scored the third and fourth goals of the night and his 50th and 51st since joining Real Madrid.

In what was his 54th match as a Madridista, Cristiano Ronaldo managed to score his 203rd and 204th goals as a professional footballer. The mystique surrounding CR7 began on 10 October 2002, when the youngster scored a brace in Sporting's 3-0 victory over Moreirense.

Cristiano's numbers can only compare to those of Real Madrid players from the 1920s, 30s and 40s. Football systems were different then, favouring offensive football and hefty scores. Manuel Olivares holds the tally record at Real Madrid with the 50 strikes he netted in 47 games.

Madridistas to reach the 50-goal mark

Player Games Year

Olivares 47 1933

Gaspar Rubio 52 1930

Cristiano Ronaldo 54 2010

Alday 56 1942

Di Stefano 57 1955

Puskas 58 1960

Pahíño 61 1951

Pruden 64 1946

Ronaldo 69 2003

Barinaga 75 1945

Luis Regueiro 78 1934

Hugo Sanchez 79 1986

Van Nistelrooy 79 2008

Zamorano 85 1994

Molowny 86 1950

Ronaldo scored his first goal as a Madridista on 29 August 2009 against Deportivo La Coruña on Week 1 of La Liga. The Portuguese star eventually ended the season with 33 strikes in his pocket (25 in the league, 8 in the Champions League). He has so far tallied 18 goals in 19 official games in the present campaign.

Cristiano Ronaldo's preferred victim is Aston Villa, who he thrashed for nine goals in 14 matches. Wigan is next on the list having conceded seven goals in eight matches to Cristiano, followed by Fulham with seven goals in 12 matches. Since arriving in Spain, Cristiano has devastated Racing with five goals in two matches. Xerez and Malaga are next having given up four goals apiece.

CRISTIANO RONALDO'S FAVORITE VICTIMS

Team Goals Matches

Aston Villa 9 14

Wigan 7 8

Fulham 7 12

Spain

Racing 5 2

Xerez 4 2

Malaga 4 3

Since signing for Real Madrid in the summer of 2009, Cristiano has scored 51 goals in 54 matches for an eye-popping average of 0.93 goals per match. Four of the 50 came against Racing earlier this season, while CR7 also has hat-tricks against Mallorca and Athletic Bilbao and eleven braces.

Cristiano has scored every which way. With his right foot, his left and his head. Free kicks and penalties. His repetoire is simply endless. Only one thing can be asked about the 25-year old who has 200 goals to his name. Does he have no bounds?

CRISTIANO RONALDO:"MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN"

11aef74_th.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I am confident we will earn a positive result"

Realmadrid.com

Real Madrid sponsor bwin caught up with Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of the Clasico against Barcelona.

"Although it is an important match for both teams, It is just another match. We are one point ahead of them and it will be a tough road game, but I am confident we will earn a positive result. It is not a final. There are still many games to be played."

"They are a difficult team to beat. It's the same team as in recent years and it is especially strong at home. They have shown that they are right in the hunt with us for the league title. We are working hard and doing well. We know that we are in good shape, which is why it will be a good match."

"We are two very different yet very similar teams. We are both good and in the hunt for the La Liga, but we play very different football. We try to reach the opponent's box quickly and to finish plays as soon as possible. We have our identity, we don't imitate anyone and we will continue doing what we are doing because we have obtained good results."

"It is a pleasure and an honor to work with an elite coach who has won it all. I hope Mourinho can use all his experience to bring many titles to Madrid. May the best team win the Clasico, and the best will be Madrid."

CRISTIANO RONALDO BWIN PRESS CONFERENCE

2z5vk1g_th.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso talked about El Clasico on a press conference today, organized by Bwin. The best quotation from the La liga top scorer on the conference was, ” The winner is the best, and the best is Real Madrid.” Cristiano, who has expecting a victory for his team, explained that both Madrid and Barcelona have a difference on the football style. While Barca identical with short passing and tikitaka, Real Madrid prefers the long pass, and grabs a goal chance as quickly as possible.

“We are two very different and also very similar. They are very good, also fighting for the league, and very close to each other, but with a very different football,” said Ronaldo.

CR also mentioned that El Barca is an important game for them, and explained, “We are one point ahead, and although it will be a difficult game because we play in away match, but I hope we’re going to get a good result. But it is not final, because there are still many games.”

The Portuguese player also realized that Barcelona is more stronger when they play in Camp Nou.

“It’s the same in recent years, they are a very strong team, especially at home. They have proved that they are there to fight with us and for the league. We do our job well, and we know we’re in a good shape too. Therefore there will be a good game, “he said.

About his position on the field CR admitted that he always been extreme, and doesn’t like to be in just one position. “It depends on the circumstances of the team, and the match. I do not like to stay fixed in one position, I like being free,” he added.

“This is happening at Real Madrid, I am very happy with my position, because my teammates know me very well. I want to continue helping, giving goals, assists ….”

He also gave time to praise all the big players, with whom he has shared experiences, back in Sporting Lisbon, ManUtd, and also his national team.

For Jose Mourinho, he thinks that they both are having the same personalities. “Perhaps, because we are Portuguese. I am an ambitious person, like Mourinho. For me it is an honor and proud to work with a coach at his level that won it all. I hope he can bring his experience with Madrid and win many titles together, “he said.

And finally, CR spoke about the similarity between El Clasico and ManUtd vs Liverpool. “Both are special matches, different parties, and everyone like to watch, in stadium and on television. ”

Well, that’s all about his press conference, unfortunately no video available until now.