Bellazon

Raised by Wolves (2020)

Cult Icon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_by_Wolves_(American_TV_series)

Raised by Wolves is an American science fiction drama television series created by Aaron Guzikowski that premiered on HBO Max on September 3, 2020.[1] The first two episodes were directed by Ridley Scott, who also serves as a producer for the show.[2]

Raised by Wolves centers around "two androids — Father and Mother — tasked with raising human children on Kepler-22b after the Earth was destroyed by a great war. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.

It certainly looks the part. That Moebius-esque visual style just jumped right out at me in the best way possible.

Story-wise, the preview seems to telegraph some of the themes and makes it look like it'll go in a fairly predictable direction. Then again, Scott didn't write it so perhaps it'll offer something a bit different. Basically, if it's free, I'll give it a watch.

I've kind of peaked through the episodes and it is high quality/big budget for a Sci fi TV show with a lot of unusual imagery.  I will watch them later.  

The first two episodes were directed by Ridley Scott, and the third was by his son. 

The model like woman that plays mother has done a terrific job.

On 9/5/2020 at 4:14 PM, Enrico_sw said:

No, never heard of it. Is it good?

Yes, it's good.  The show's direction reminds me of Ridley Scott's Prometheus.  Father btw is played by the same actor who did Bayek in Assassin's Creed Origins

oddly enough it looks like  Episode 1 uploaded on youtube

@Michael*

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to watching the first episode, pretty interesting and looks absolutely stunning. The idea that the world might be destroyed by religious divisions rather than for environmental, economic or political reasons seems less compelling and not particularly ripe for exploration, but it could be that they'll avoid taking the standard route with it. Let's see how it goes as we roll on.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm seeing a lot of scope to explore, develop ideas and delve into all kinds of stuff. Good production values, strong casting and performances, plot and pacing are decent.

However I'm getting a bit of a sinking feeling that it'll be one of those "mystery box" shows that keeps asking questions and then suddenly ends without really giving up any answers. I suppose a lot will probably hinge on whether there's a second season in the offing.

• 10 months later...