Bellazon

Tenet (2020)

Michael*

image.png

Tenet
Release Date: 17 July 2020 (UK)
Director: Christopher Nolan

Synopsis
Tenet is an upcoming 2020 action thriller film written and directed by Christopher Nolan and produced by Nolan and Emma Thomas. Tenet is scheduled to be released by Warner Bros. Pictures on July 17, 2020.

Cast

Robert Pattinson

John David Washington

Clémence Poésy

Elizabeth Debicki

Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Kenneth Branagh

Himesh Patel

Michael Caine

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 6:23 AM, Cult Icon said:

Boring (heresy?)

I was already sold on going before the trailer landed as I'm getting to the point where I'll see something just because Elizabeth Debicki is in it, but it seems a bit like Inception, perhaps with time and spies subbed in for dreams and thieves. It's an okay starting concept, although I hope there's more to come.

5 minutes ago, Michael* said:

I was already sold on going before the trailer landed as I'm getting to the point where I'll see something just because Elizabeth Debicki is in it, but it seems a bit like Inception, perhaps with time and spies subbed in for dreams and thieves. It's an okay starting concept, although I hope there's more to come.

it lacks the sense of spectacle that I've come to expect- reminds me of Memento 

3 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

it lacks the sense of spectacle that I've come to expect- reminds me of Memento 

Yeah, I'd usually consider it a good thing that Nolan doesn't really do "show all the good parts" style trailers, because I'd much prefer a trailer promote a concept  than give away too much of the plot. Then again, I hope there's more than just concept in the film itself.

• 4 months later...
On 5/22/2020 at 2:21 PM, Matt! said:

Trailer #2

Two theories, one sensible and one silly. :ph34r:

The whole thing plays out the same backwards as it does forwards, and the story ends where it begins. Not that I'd begin to hazard a guess as to how that could be made to work, but there's no doubt in my mind that Nolan would try it.

Or, this is Nolan's fourth Batman film, with Caine playing Alfred and Pattinson debuting as Batman (not necessarily Bruce Wayne). :Angel:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Matt! said:

Christopher Nolan’s ‘Tenet’ Delays August Release

The use of the word "indefinitely" was a wee bit surprising, since every other delay has involved a fairly specific, albeit extremely optimistic timescale. I suppose though after doing that multiple times already, the studio has evidently realised that things mightn't actually get much better any time soon.

For what it's worth, I would expect a very similar announcement about James Bond to follow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The reception has been rather mixed so far and while for me, a film that divides opinion is better than one that everyone agrees is average, the fan reaction to an apparent lack of critical consensus has in itself been quite interesting.

It's something I've been seeing constantly in the realm of video games as of late where people seem to think that there's a definitive score for most things and that if a review doesn't roughly correspond to the Metacritic aggregate, then the reviewer is wrong.