Bellazon

Iker Casillas
Thumbnail

Rani_7

Casillas to Realmadrid.com

"Winning against Levante is essential"

Iker Casillas was the guest of honour at the ‘Olaf el Vikingo’ Real Madrid fanclub 16th anniversary event, which took place in Guadalajara, the nearest provincial capital to Madrid. The goalkeeper took a short break to speak to Realmadrid.com and underline the crucial importance of this Sunday's match against Levante and to convey that the team aspires to win La Liga and the Champions League.

Your relationship with this fanclub is quite intense.

Yes, they've always offered me their undying support. I have always been thankful and I said that I would repay them in the form of a dinner.

How was the welcome?

It was fantastic. I'm delighted. I can't complain, really. It is also true that I try to be utterly transparent. I just hope to a pleasant evening and stay close to the Madridista fans.

This Sunday's is an important game.

Yes it is. The favourite teams are within a few points at the top of the table. A bad result would make us trail behind many teams and that's never good. That is why it's important to win. Plus, all our direct rivals have tough matches. It would be important to reduce the difference.

Do footballers get over-confident when they play a team from the bottom of the table?

No, none of that. I still remember the day against Recreativo Huelva. Levante was just defeated four two at home and they're coming here to make amends.

How do you feel?

I'm happy, but I'd rather be less satisfied on a personal level and more on a collective one; the team is the most important thing. Let's hope that everyone's happy by the end of the season. That would make me happy.

Real Madrid have all their chances intact, both at home and in Europe.

You're right. We're up there in the League and we're very capable of winning it. In Europe, we have a complicated opponent: Bayern Munich. Plus, we don't have the home advantage. But we trust our chances. We'll try to win to dedicate it to the fans.

How's it going with the new players?

They're top quality. They're adapting. They're good people.

Real Madrid vs. Levante

• Keepers: Casillas, Diego López

• Defenders: Salgado, Sergio Ramos, Helguera, Pavón, Mejía, Torres

• Midfielders: Diarra, Emerson, Reyes, Robinho, Nieto, Guti, Miñambres

• Strikers: Raúl, Van Nistelrooy, Higuaín

thanks LuNo :)

"Winning against Levante is essential"

You heard it, and did they take their own advice.. NO! Madrid boo lost again.. I'm so tired of them literally.. exhausted of them losing over and over again. How are we suppose to win something this year if we KEEP LOSING?! No goals are coming........ none. :angry:

Real Madrid: Casillas; Salgado, Helguera, Ramos, Torres; Diarrá, Guti, Reyes (Robinho, min.45/ Nieto, min.71), Raúl; Higuaín and Van Nistelrooy.

Levante: Molina; Manolo, Dehú, Alexis, Rubiales; Tommasi, Camacho, Robert (Ettien, min.67), Riga ; Kapo (Berson, min.82) and Salva (Regí, min.88)

Referee: Álvaro Izquierdo. Yellow carded Molina, Manolo and Tommasi for the visitors, and Diarra, Ramos and Torres for the home team.

Goals:

0-1 (min.10) Kapo cuts it back and Diarra commits a penalty which Salva scores.

Highlights: Matchday 21 of La Liga hosted at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium. Attendance: 70,000, give or take. This match marked game number 1000 in the League at the Madridista stadium.

Iker Casillas

“In the second half, we had the ball and a good pile of chances. We were unable to draw because of us and because of the referee too. We cannot give away this many points at home with the League as tight as it is. We didn't have bright ideas and quickness ahead, but we have to keep on fighting. In the back, there's a lot of order and we don't concede goals. The crowd is entitled to think whatever they like , but they need to trust their team and that we can do what's expected of us. We need the support of the fans.

We had some chances but we didn't materialise them. We're upset, but we'll keep on fighting, although I have to say that there were some really controversial calls. Stability would be good for all of us, but I'm not saying that as an excuse because what's important is to create chances and to score. The League is very tight at the top, so we need to keep the faith. There are many games ahead of us, but it really bothers me that we've lost so many points at home.”

Real Sociedad vs. Real Madrid

• Keepers: Iker Casillas, Diego López, Adán.

• Defenders: Helguera, Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Miguel Torres, Salgado, Miñambres, Pavón.

• Midfielders: Beckham, Diarra, Gago, Reyes, Robinho, Guti, Emerson.

• Strikers: Raúl, Higuaín, Van Nistelrooy.

1 – REAL SOCIEDAD: Bravo; Garrido, Mikel González, Juanito, Gerardo; Aramburu (Herrera 58’), Elustondo (Estrada 85’), Xabi Prieto, Savio; Rivas and Kovacevic (Skoubo 58’).

2 – REAL MADRID: Casillas; Sergio Ramos, Helguera, Cannavaro, Torres; Beckham, Emerson (Diarra 65’), Gago, Raúl (Higuaín 72’); Guti (Reyes 79’) and Van Nistelrooy.

GOALS:

1-0, min. 7: Aranburu after a faulty deflection by Casillas.

1-1, min. 36:Beckham with a free kick.

1-2, min. 48: Van Nistelrooy heads a cross from Torres.

REFEREE: Rodríguez Santiago (Castille-Leon Refereeing Association). Booked Cannavaro (20`), Van Nistelrooy (58’), Rivas (63’), Gago (68’), Helguera (73’) and Beckham (75’).

HIGHLIGHTS: First fixture of the 22nd matchday of the Spanish Primera Liga played in Real Sociedad's Anoeta stadium.

Iker - Real should keep Woody

Iker Casillas feels Real Madrid should be keeping hold of Jonathan Woodgate.

Casillas came up against his Real colleague on Wednesday as Woodgate made his international return with England during Spain's 1-0 win at Old Trafford.

Woodgate is currently on a season long loan with Middlesbrough - who already have a deal in place with Real for a permanent deal, which is an indication that he is unlikely to return to El Santiago Bernabeu in June.

However, Woodgate is yet to decide on his future plans and Casillas feels it would be a blow to lose him.

"I don't know anything about it, but it is a shame because in the short time he was with us in Madrid he suffered injuries," he said.

"But he still showed the club his qualities and was starting to get his form back.

"He's a great player, one of the best, and it's always a shame to lose great players like him.

"But I'm sure he'll do well wherever he goes."