Bellazon

Iker Casillas
Thumbnail

Rani_7

Cris: Don’t miss (cracks up)… Don’t miss the Portugal-Spain game on Wednesday, at 10 pm, on la 1.

Iker: Together for the 2018 Iberian candidacy.

(after introduction)

Interviewer: Portugal and Spain are neighbors. Do you all get along like good neighbors in sports, or are there occasional disagreements?

Iker: I think there is a good relationship. In fact, the two football federations are working together to try and land the World Cup in 2018. I hope it will be possible. I think both countries are references for football, they have similar players, Portugal has always been a strong team, like Spain. We hope our dream will come true.

Cris: We’re very excited for this game. We’re playing at home, and it will be a great atmosphere, and I’m sure the stadium will be full so that people can enjoy watching Spain in Portugal. I’m very happy to be called up and playing with a lot of my teammates from Real Madrid.

post-34297-1289981558_thumb.jpg

Casillas: "It will be a vibrant match with great players"

Realmadrid.com / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Cristiano Ronaldo and Iker Casillas, respective captains of Portugal and Spain, gave a joint interview to TVE. The players discussed the coming Portugal-Spain clash, both countries' joint bid to host the 2018 World Cup and the Clasico against Barcelona.

Ronaldo

“Spain are the current world champions and we are very excited about the match. We will face them at our home and I’m sure the stadium will be packed and the atmosphere will be beautiful. I don’t think our defeat against Spain in the World Cup is a thorn on our side. In football you win and lose. It will just be another game we will all enjoy because we will face Spain, who are currently the best team in the world.”

“A match against Barcelona is always different. Six points may be at stake for us, as happens in every difficult game.”

Casillas

“A Portugal-Spain clash is a worthy and vibrant match starring great players and two very strong teams. Portugal will want to do their best before their home crowd in order to defeat the world champions. We will have the same respect for them as we wish all other teams to have for the world champion team.”

“I wish Portugal and Spain get to host the 2018 World Cup. They are leading countries in the sport because they produce great players. Portugal has always been a strong side and so has Spain. We hope to see our dream of hosting the 2018 Wold Cup come true.”

“The Clasico comes at a good time. The new players on the team have managed to adapt in the last few months and we’ve become a more experienced and mature side.”

post-34297-0-1445991197-32865_thumb.jpg