Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

9 hours ago, medicenevs said:

Candice seems to be heading a new direction with her modelling work and I'm really excited about it, because this is everything I ever wanted from and for her. Ali Kavoussi did not lie when he said they're working hard to fix everything that went wrong with her career.

for those of us who are fans of hers, have been for years, but maybe don't know all details of her career as much as others like you... can you explain "what went wrong with her career"?

cause to me, she's one of the most famous models in history, or at least of the last 2 decades or so who has been with several major companies so what is it that went so wrong?

6 hours ago, MERPER said:

for those of us who are fans of hers, have been for years, but maybe don't know all details of her career as much as others like you... can you explain "what went wrong with her career"?

cause to me, she's one of the most famous models in history, or at least of the last 2 decades or so who has been with several major companies so what is it that went so wrong?

That's what I was thinking lol. 

9 hours ago, MERPER said:

I have a couple guesses.

• Victoria's Secret contract ate up a lot of her time

• She was never single, didn't date anyone famous, not enough fodder for the gossip columns

• No appearances in TV or film

• Maybe had a bad agent

• Didn't play the social media game

2 hours ago, Smarf said:

I have a couple guesses.

• She was never single, didn't date anyone famous, not enough fodder for the gossip columns

• Maybe had a bad agent

ok cool guesses (no sarcasm, i appreciate the effort to explain, my comments/opinions:

1) VS was a HUGE company with an elite roster of models, I can't speak on whether it ate up "too much" of her time but I'd think being in their monthly catalogs and walking in their show while they were among the most popular companies was a good thing

2) I don't think it's a bad thing to stay off the gossip columns, and she had every right to be in long-term relationship with a guy she loved at the time. We saw how she got destroyed for the rumored relationship with Kanye. I, Personally, think it's good to not be sleeping around with bad guys.

3) This is a big one, no TV or film. 100% can understand this. I think it would have been cool to follow the career path of Heidi Klum.

4) Maybe

5) Personal choice, but don't think it meant her career "went so wrong" and she's entitled to privacy of course. Sometimes I think social media is very bad.

3 hours ago, Smarf said:

I have a couple guesses.

• Maybe had a bad agent

For me all that is irrelevant. Candice there are certain things that she does not need to do to be popular, that is provided by her work, beauty and her talent. I also don't think she expressly seeks to be popular. Obviously her work for so many years at VS has been decisive in her career as a model, but it's part of her job and Candice to some extent has done what she wanted.

Candice could have, should have scored major deals with the big fashion houses and other contracts, and also become more mainstream famous a la Gigi Hadid, but she stayed with VS for too long which was IMO, a mistake because it meant she had a lot of restrictions. She should have left around the same time as Rosie or Miranda, leave at her peak and exploit it to her benefit, it's the same Gisele did back in 2006. I am guessing that's what Ali meant? That she could have, should have diversified more and earlier in her career.

Not that Candice is the only one who made the same mistake, I think none of the girls saw the downfall of VS coming so they chose to be loyal to the brand thinking it would turn them in the next Heidi/Tyra and that they would eventually get a Gisele/Adriana level of paycheck and of course, even if none of them ever really got there, staying with VS also used to mean financial stability in an industry that is merciless. 

5 hours ago, Clauds said:

Candice could have, should have scored major deals with the big fashion houses and other contracts, and also become more mainstream famous a la Gigi Hadid, but she stayed with VS for too long which was IMO, a mistake because it meant she had a lot of restrictions. She should have left around the same time as Rosie or Miranda, leave at her peak and exploit it to her benefit, it's the same Gisele did back in 2006. I am guessing that's what Ali meant? That she could have, should have diversified more and earlier in her career.

Not that Candice is the only one who made the same mistake, I think none of the girls saw the downfall of VS coming so they chose to be loyal to the brand thinking it would turn them in the next Heidi/Tyra and that they would eventually get a Gisele/Adriana level of paycheck and of course, even if none of them ever really got there, staying with VS also used to mean financial stability in an industry that is merciless. 

fair enough, thanks for the reply

with that all being said, maybe she wanted to do exactly what she did and is happy with her career and her life? unless, of course, she has stated the opposite and I missed that

Candice never struck me as the type to chase down immense fame and fortune.