Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

Like her and Stephanie's VJ pics the best. Linda's presence in photos is incomparable. 

on the new models.com Legends list (totally describes her status perfectly) 

As the record holder for most Vogue Italia covers, Evangelista holds a special place with fashion's creatives - serving as the conduit for their most adventurous ideas and bring them to life with grace. As Steven Meisel and Azzedine Alaia’s frequent collaborator and the face of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s ‘Model as Muse’ exhibit, Evangelista has personified the idea of model muse for more than two decades.

Thanks so much, michelabella!  I had no idea that there was a "legends" ranking.  It's been a while since I've looked at that stuff.

^That link is wrong, that's not Linda's segment.

What they said about Linda is actually more of a slight than a compliment. Linda's had such a legendary incomparable career, and yet THAT'S the best description of Linda that they could come up with? :huh: Linda is more than just "a muse".

And it's actually Stephanie who's a frequent collaborator with Alaia, not Linda.

My first reaction to this was, "Wow!  I like that they created the 'Legends' category!" But then I noticed who was all considered a 'legend' and read the corresponding descriptions of each 'legend' and I began to feel that Linda got slighted, too.  Her previous description in the now defunct "supermodel" category described her as "One of the greatest models of all time" and "the grand dame of modeling", and now she is known for her Vogue Italia cover record, obviously lifted from Wikipedia.   And yes, that reference to Linda being a frequent collaborator with Azzedine Alaia left me scratching my head, thinking that things have changed a lot -- and not for the better -- since Wayne Sterling's departure from Models.com   Well, what can we do?   :ninja:  :no:  :pinch:

^Thanks FAMAMOCA! :flower:   Love that! :heart:  Only it isn't from 1991, it looks more like '95 or '96.

Yes, it's a great photo isn't it?  Wish there were more. 

Yes, the year sort of throws me.  With Kate and Shalom, I thought it was maybe ~'95?, as you say. But then Linda and Niki, it looks so early and '95 too late.  Though '91 is probably too early, you're right. :flower:

Linda with male model Tanel, circa 1990.

attachicon.gifTanel&Linda.jpg

Now that's a blast from the past!  Thanks spiral! :flower:

Yes, it's a great photo isn't it?  Wish there were more. 

Yes, the year sort of throws me.  With Kate and Shalom, I thought it was maybe ~'95?, as you say. But then Linda and Niki, it looks so early and '95 too late.  Though '91 is probably too early, you're right. :flower:

Yes, FAMAMOCA, please post more if you happen to run across others.  I love seeing stuff I've never seen before!  :heart:

And the way I can usually tell the date of a photo is by Linda's hair and brows.  Her hair was either red or platinum in '91, and her brows were fuller.  In the photo that you posted, it looks as though she has that weird 2-tone look she temporarily sported in '96 or'97.  And going by that, I don't think it's even '95.  But I could be wrong! :cain:  :laugh:

-------------

On a completely different note, I'm excited to announce that the folks at Models.com saw fit to edit Linda's new Legends profile. :ddr:   It seems as though they combined her former Supers profile with the new Legends.  Well, whatever they did, they got it right this time!  It's truly a worthy description of Linda and her long and illustrious career. :clap: 

Check it out: 

http://models.com/rankings/ui/Legends/2035#2035

Harper's Bazaar US September 2014

Carine Roitfeld Talks Harper's Bazaar Coup

CARINE’S BAZAAR COUP: Carine Roitfeld’s biggest project for Harper’s Bazaar will be unveiled on Aug. 19. It’s an important moment, Roitfeld noted from a table at Manhattan’s TriBeCa eatery Locanda Verde, as her assistant flipped through her latest portfolio of 19 images of well-known women.

“This is a portfolio I’ve been dreaming of wanting to do even over my 30 years in the business,” said Roitfeld, who noted that she began the project in March and finished in May. “You need a magazine that has big shoulders for such a project.”

Shot by Sebastian Faena, with creative direction by Stephen Gan, the portfolio, which will appear in all 30 editions of Harper’s Bazaar, includes Lady Gaga, Penélope Cruz, Linda Evangelista, Lara Stone, Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, Mariacarla Boscono, Joan Smalls, Stephanie Seymour, Isabeli Fontana, Laetitia Casta, Carolyn Murphy, Monica Bellucci, Gigi Hadid, Brooke Shields, Eva Herzigova, Iman, Stacy Martin and Lauren Hutton.

“It’s a huge amount of power they gave to me,” Roitfeld said, referring to the magazine’s parent company, Hearst Magazines.

(from TFS)

post-77603-0-35008100-1406801284_thumb.p

Thank you very much Doosia! :flower:   Gorgeous shot! :wub2:  And the first things that came to mind when I saw this was that once again, Linda is styled by in Commes de Garcon,  just as she was in Vogue Japan.  Coincidence?  They might as well be paying Linda!! :laugh:   I find this very interesting.  The second thing is that this reminds of when she was climbing out of that sweater in the "Freedom" video nearly 25 years ago!

I read the full article from where this originated at WWD.   This is part of a special project/portfolio of 19 different women by Carine Roitfield for Harper's Bazaar.  This portfolio will appear in all 30 editions of Harper's Bazaar throughout the world.  Each of these 30 editions have the OPTION of using one of these 19 portraits on the cover.  So Linda's portrait might or might not make an actual cover.   I hope this makes sense. :wacko:  :laugh: