Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

SHE’S LIKE AN INSTRUMENT. SHE'S A KIND OF STRADIVARIUS. YOU CAN PLAY HER LIKE YOU CAN PLAY NO OTHER INSTRUMENT. SHE'S STRONG AND AT THE SAME TIME FLEXIBLE. SHE'S TOUGH AND VERY TOUCHING, AND THAT’S THE SECRET OF HER SUCCESS."

--KARL LAGERFELD, SPEAKING ABOUT LINDA EVANGELISTA, VOGUE SEPT 2001

Karl Lagerfeld has tapped Linda Evangelista to star in his Spring/Summer 2012 Chanel Eyewear campaign. The gorgeous new ads are the result of what happens when you put two polished professionals together. A perfect match made in fashion heaven. After seeing the fine work on these ads, we can't help but wonder whether or not Mr. Lagerfeld will be placing La Linda front and center for the Fall/Winter 2012 campaign for Chanel's main line. Why not?

levangelista.net

I know she's walked for Chanel as late as the 2000s, but correct me if I'm wrong, but Linda hasn't starred in a Chanel campaign since 1991, correct?

Yes, I think that's correct. In 1992, only Claudia/Christy/Nadege did Chanel ads. And then from the mid-90s onwards, Karl got into the habit of casting models-of-the-moment in Chanel ads (Brandi, Dana, Trish, Amber, Guinevere, etc) with Claudia sporadically thrown into the mix. Also, a few other 80s/90s models (Kristen, Helena, etc) occasionally starred in Chanel ads during that time.

wow linda for chanel....again....iam looking for this certain chanel ad with linda on it, wearing a winter coat and fur around her face....never seen it on here or any other site yet...thanks in advance...

I think it might be this ad below, or another similar to it.

From the autumn/winter 1991 season

chanelaw1991.jpg

wow linda for chanel....again....iam looking for this certain chanel ad with linda on it, wearing a winter coat and fur around her face....never seen it on here or any other site yet...thanks in advance...

I think it might be this ad below, or another similar to it.

From the autumn/winter 1991 season

chanelaw1991.jpg

Yes! Yes! Thats the one!...amazing!...but i think she was in another pose in the ad i was looking for...Thanks sooo much spiralshaman for looking for it...much appreciated...thanks again!!!