Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

Linda Evangelista says the amount she was paid as a model “absolutely” messed with her head.

The star was one of the major crop of supermodels who worked during the ‘80s and ‘90s. She famously once said models of her stature didn’t wake up for “less than $10,000 a day” and has now admitted she struggled with the amount she was making at some points – because it was all about her looks.

“Oh initially it did, absolutely,” she said, when Love magazine asked if her daily salary did funny things to her head. “You feel like it’s all real. You’re young. And then eventually you understand.”

The 46-year-old explained she was “astonished” by the amount she earned at times, and remains mystified about why people paid her so much.

In the end she realised that she was just as “replaceable” as the next girl, which stopped things going to her head too much.

“If I look at it the way my agent looked at it, well, it is the fee that is given for my services, my image, and not me as a person,” she explained. “It’s Linda Evangelista. The image is what’s being compensated.”

Linda isn’t comfortable using the term supermodel. She knows it’s how many describe her, but would never put herself in that bracket.

She looked completely unlike her idols when she was growing up and never expected to make it in the fashion world.

“No, I didn’t think I was cover material. Growing up, the pictures I used to put on my wall and cut out of Vogue and dream about, I couldn’t be,” she recalled. “I never categorised myself as ideal or perfect. They were mostly blonde. Button noses. Pale eyes. There was Joan Severance, who is dark-haired, and Janice Dickinson. I used to hang up the old Versace adverts, too.”

© Cover Media

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/linda-evangel...-010000925.html

From Coco Rocha's blog :wave:

DINNER WITH GAULTIER - via Instagram.

March 17th, 2012

Last night my dear friend Jean Paul Gaultier asked me if I would join him at a gala for Lycee Francais de New York (literally meaning: The French School of New York). At the event I bumped into Linda Evangelista (her son goes to the school), who told me she was wearing my look from Jean Paul’s S/S 2012 runway show. I was thrilled she even knew who I was, let alone what I wore 2 seasons back! Linda gave a lovely speech and handed Gaultier, the guest of honor, an award from the school. I had an absolutely lovely time and sat with the amazing Hannelore Knuts and Jean Paul Gaultier - we all made a pact to join next season’s ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ though Jean Paul sadly backed out at the very last minute.

http://oh-so-coco.tumblr.com/post/19853945...gram-march-17th

Thanks for the article, michelabella

I think that neither Linda nor any of the 90's supermodels have to justify their caches: they did make a lot of money to contracting merchants! I guess the famous phrase ("I don´t get out of bed for less than...") was taken out of context, and sure she said it in jest. They were entrepreneurs women struggling to find its niche in the fashion industry, they don´t need to try to justify their salaries, they won them in spades, in my opinion. No one questions, for example, how much money seeks to win Mr. Pinault every time that he gets off the bed.

Photo attached: Dolce & Gabbana Ad Campaign Fall/Winter 1995/96, by Steven Meisel.

:wave:

post-57741-1333125581_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the article, michelabella

I think that neither Linda nor any of the 90's supermodels have to justify their caches: they did make a lot of money to contracting merchants! I guess the famous phrase ("I don´t get out of bed for less than...") was taken out of context, and sure she said it in jest. They were entrepreneurs women struggling to find its niche in the fashion industry, they don´t need to try to justify their salaries, they won them in spades, in my opinion. No one questions, for example, how much money seeks to win Mr. Pinault every time that he gets off the bed.

Photo attached: Dolce & Gabbana Ad Campaign Fall/Winter 1995/96, by Steven Meisel.

never seen it, thaks a lot, prejean :)

saludos muy cordiales!

here you are!!!!!!!

i've just come from the downtown!!!! sorry for the quality of my pics, there were not very much space bettween the stands... and the light was very high......

but linda is superb!!!!!!!! :heart:

what do you think about them???

there were only these two wonderful pics

ENJOY ALL !!!!!!!

post-33008-1333198259_thumb.jpg

post-33008-1333198279_thumb.jpg

post-33008-1333198300_thumb.jpg

post-33008-1333198327_thumb.jpg

thanks so much cositas. The Queen is back! I couldn't be happier, hope she keeps the momentum up. :hell yea!: Fashion is just not the same without her.

When La Linda wants to work again she gets a Love cover and Chanel campaign, Love it. :laugh:

you're welcome, miche :)

that's the way she is... :heart:

nice sunday for all :kiss: