Bellazon

Niki Taylor
Thumbnail

bigassscans

Meet Niki Taylor

From top model to tough survivor.

Nicole ("Niki") Renee Taylor was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and raised in Pembroke Pines, Florida.

mn1.jpg

Taylor signed a modeling contract at 13 and her first magazine cover was an issue of Seventeen at the age of 14. The following year, at 15, she graced the cover of Vogue.

mn2.jpg

In 1991, Taylor was named one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People.

mn3.jpg

Taylor became the first spokesmodel younger than 18 to sign a major contract with CoverGirl in 1992.

th_923768771_mn4_122_510lo.jpg

In May 1996, Niki was on the cover of all six major women's fashion and fitness magazines: Allure, Vogue, ELLE, Marie Claire, Self and Shape. They are known as the "Niki Six."

th_923903742_mn5_122_976lo.jpg

She appeared in the '97, '98, and '99 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues and was on the '98 cover of its swimsuit calendar. She's graced the cover of over 400 magazines.

th_923983594_mn6_122_87lo.jpg

Taylor also worked as an interviewer for segments of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous." In addition, she has covered events for NBC and guest-hosted MTV's "Fashionably Loud."

mn7.jpg

On May 2, 2001, Taylor was critically injured in a car accident in Atlanta, Georgia.

Unconscious for six weeks and bedridden for an additional month, her recovery from the accident included approximately 56 operations and substantial physical therapy.

mn8.jpg

In 2008, Niki and male model Tyson Beckford co-hosted the Bravo series "Make Me a Supermodel."th_924220187_mn9_122_989lo.jpg

Niki has twin sons and one daughter and is currently married and living in Brentwood, Tennessee.mn10.jpg

NBC

She appeared in the '97, '98, and '99 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues and was on the '98 cover of its swimsuit calendar.NBC

If that is information from NBC (the television network), I would guess it was supplied or verified by Niki or her management.

But as far as I know, Niki was NOT in the 1999 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition. She was in the 1997 and 1998 editions, but not 1999. I am not aware of any picture attributable to 1999, I have triple-checked the online version provided by SI, and you could also check FAMAMOCA for example

http://www.famamoca.com/index(Niki_Taylor).php

Can anyone supply a picture or other evidence that she was in the 1999 SI Swimsuit edition?

She appeared in the '97, '98, and '99 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues and was on the '98 cover of its swimsuit calendar.NBC

If that is information from NBC (the television network), I would guess it was supplied or verified by Niki or her management.

But as far as I know, Niki was NOT in the 1999 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition. She was in the 1997 and 1998 editions, but not 1999. I am not aware of any picture attributable to 1999, I have triple-checked the online version provided by SI, and you could also check FAMAMOCA for example

http://www.famamoca.com/index(Niki_Taylor).php

Can anyone supply a picture or other evidence that she was in the 1999 SI Swimsuit edition?

If I remember correctly, 99 was a strange year for SI and Niki.

I do not think she was in the actual magazine but she was in the desktop SI diary.

99 SI desktop diary from Bud's place collection

Niki was voted off CA already :/

But it was a successful appearance for her. And an early exit probably helped her. She exited without any kind of ugliness. It's an ugly venue, and the whole "boardroom" scenario promotes confrontation and ugliness. But it all reflected well on her, and she looked like a professional with integrity and grace. That's very positive. I realize she will have wanted to earn more money for her charity, but her appearance was a victory for her.