Bellazon

Alessandro Nesta
Thumbnail

daniela

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SANDRO NESTA: ‘I am doing well’

MILAN – Alessandro Nesta spoke this morning from the Malpensa airport just outside of Milan : ‘I am doing well. My shoulder has healed overall. I want to return to the field as soon as possible. The rehabilitation should be for three months, but I think that I am already a bit ahead. I don’t know, perhaps within the next fifteen or so days I could be ready. However, now I must train. I redid the preparation, but I am lacking speed and this will take another couple of weeks. It has been a difficult year for me. I have been injured many times. Now the objective is to return as soon as possible to a certain level.’

Alessandro Nesta has returned from the United States and he can’t wait to get back on the pitch with his team

4841newssj7.jpg

It was a forced exile to find his top condition, but Alessandro Nesta is back with the team and he has a strong desire to get back on the pitch as soon as possible. The Rossoneri defender worked with his team-mates this morning at Milanello. The squad started by warming up, then worked on speed and played a training game. Sandro will have his last visit with doctor Taverna this afternoon and the doctor could give him the green light.

Nesta is feeling positive upon his return and he said: ‘I am doing well. My shoulder is ok. I still have to recover a bit of my condition. When the coach puts me in I will be ready. It will probably take about another ten days. I must work especially on speed and sprints and then we’ll face the training games.’

Alessandro confirmed that he has had his thoughts focused on the Rossoneri even when he was on the other side of the ocean: ‘I always followed the team. I woke up early in the morning because of the time difference. I have been following the games since I was a kid. I must say that the team have improved a lot since the start of the season and we will just keep on improving from here. I am coming back to two great guys like Massimo Oddo and Ronaldo. I can’t wait to be able to return and make my contribution.’

NESTA AND SERGIO TRAIN

Alessandro Nesta and Serginho trained with the rest of the team today, undergoing technical-tactical work and a training game

The players started with a game of keep-ball before training began and then at 15.30 CET the team started on the strengthening phase of the session. The players then warmed up by taking alternating high and low passes through an obstacle course. Paolo Maldini also participated in this part of training, before going to work in the gym.

The group then moved to the raised pitch for 45 minutes of technical-tactical work. The first exercise focused on ball possession on the half pitch and then everyone started on a drill where they ran with the ball through obstacles to improve ball control. Then Carlo Ancelotti started the players on a tactical exercise based on offensive and defensive moves. This training game ended at 16.30 CET.

Another training game concluded the session, but this one was on the whole pitch with two goals. Zeljko Kalac and Marco Storari were the keepers for the two sides. The sides had to take turns attacking. Nelson Dida continued to work apart from the group in a personalized session on the lower field with goalkeeping coach Villiam Vecchi. Alessandro Nesta and Serginho trained with the rest of the group.