Bellazon

Behati Prinsloo
Thumbnail

Nath

I found out some info via one of Behati's family members that was at the wedding...whoever guessed that phones were taken was correct. All cameras and cell phones were taken away at both the rehearsal dinner the night before, and the wedding itself, per Adam and Behati's request. There were paparazzi swarming both nights that had drone cameras flying overhead (how creepy) and there were also paps standing on a large hill outside the venue, and driving by in boats out on the water. They anticipated all of the above, and tried to plan accordingly by having a lot of drapy tents, and things for guests to stand under. The don't seem to have gotten any decent pictures of the bride, groom, or wedding party because they would have likely hit the internet already if they had. There was a lot of security, and Adam arranged for Bee to have her own personal bodyguard the entire day because he was concerned about paparazzi harassing her. Her family especially was surprised by the lengths paparazzi would go to just to get photographs, and were sad they couldn't take photos of their own to share with family and friends but of course everyone understood the reasons. All the other details are things I think we've already heard, like her dad giving the blessing, etc. Everyone was surprised when Behati sang her song to Adam, it was the first time anyone had heard her sing, even her parents and everyone was saying what a beautiful voice she has, and that Adam has some competition now. 

I'm sure at least one photo will probably be released at some point in time, maybe something like what Lindsay Ellingson did from her own wedding. Something simple, not making a big deal out of it. Most celebs release just one or two to keep their fans content, and to share the news. Right now I think they just want to keep their big day to themselves, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I'd rather wait and see a photo they want us to see, than see some blurry, grainy photo captured by a paparazzi drone that flew over their wedding and harassed them on their special day. I don't want to support people doing shit like that.

post-76462-0-01139200-1406218454_thumb.jpost-76462-0-66171500-1406218469_thumb.jpost-76462-0-93712300-1406218486_thumb.jpost-76462-0-29246000-1406218500_thumb.j

the interview

It’s a sweltering 92 degrees in Manhattan, but Behati Prinsloo, 25, is a picture of cool as she walks into a SoHo cafe wearing a tank, jeans, sneakers and a hat. No matter where work takes her (she flits between NYC and LA), the Victoria’s Secret Angel travels with a model’s uniform. “I have a bag that I don’t unpack for months because it’s the same stuff back and forth,” she says. “I keep it simple: cut-off shorts, Dr. Martens, Rag & Bone jeans, lots of vintage rock tees from secondhand shops.”

In the same manner Patti Hansen and Kate Moss have done in the past, Prinsloo embodies cool-girl style.  “My look is grungy, very rock’n’roll,”  she says. “I love the ’70s; I love the vibe. The music I listen to most is Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, punk. That’s why The EDIT’s shoot was so cool.”

Today, Prinsloo is three weeks away from becoming a newlywed. But by the time you read this, she will be married to Maroon 5 singer and judge of America’s The Voice,

Adam Levine. Understandably, she doesn’t want to reveal the details of her big day – which took place on July 19 in Los Cabos, Mexico – but with a wide smile, she tells me that she is “very, very excited – it’s going to be awesome”.

Manhattan is a long way from Grootfontein, Namibia, where Prinsloo was born, the only child of a preacher father and a church-choir singing mother. “I was a total tomboy,” Prinsloo says happily, sipping her glass of rosé. “My mom recently sent me pictures from when I was a kid – in every one where I’m wearing a dress, I look so cross. But, of course, I had to wear dresses for church.”

Even when she was in church, Prinsloo couldn’t contain her

spunkiness. “One of my dad’s favorite stories is how I used to run around while he was preaching. One time, this woman grabbed me and said, ‘You need to sit still. This is a church service.’ I said, ‘This is my dad’s church. I can do whatever I want.’ And I just kept running.”

Grootfontein, according to Prinsloo, was an idyllic place to grow up. “It was amazing,” she says. “I spent a lot of time outdoors, I was very sporty: gymnastics, field hockey, track. We lived near the Etosha National Park, a huge safari park, so it was totally normal to go on safari every weekend. Well, at the time it was very normal.”

At 16, Prinsloo visited Cape Town with her family. In a grocery store with her grandparents, she was approached by a photographer from Storm Model Management. “It was so weird,” she says. “Growing up, I’d look at magazines and think, ‘These pretty girls are actually doctors, right?’ I didn’t even know about Kate Moss.” When the photographer asked if she was a

model, Prinsloo was stunned. “I was tall, skinny and awkward, so I said, ‘No, I’m not!’ And my grandpa said, ‘Don’t talk to strangers!’

But her uncle insisted on taking her to see if the photographer was “legit”. He was, and Prinsloo spent the next three months living in Cape Town with six other models. “It was the best time,” she recalls. “I can’t believe my parents let me do it, because my dad is strict. But later he told me, ‘I let you go because it was a chance to see the world. We [couldn’t] give you the opportunity to travel; you [had to] experience life outside.’”

In 2009, Prinsloo made her Victoria’s Secret runway debut, receiving her ‘wings’ two years later and joining the ranks of

Karlie Kloss and Adriana Lima. “I was so nervous in the beginning,” Prinsloo admits. “You’re in your underwear in front of all these staring people. But it really does motivate you to be your best and look your best. All the girls are doing squats backstage! Thankfully, I’ve never fallen over or had a [wardrobe] malfunction. I don’t have a good story about falling on my face,” she laughs.

A budding photographer, Prinsloo documents every show she walks in. “I have great backstage pictures,” she says. “I’ve thought about putting out a book of them.” She also uses her photography for philanthropic efforts: she and fellow model Coco Rocha went to post-earthquake Haiti to visit orphaned children with supplies and letters of hope from around the world. Prinsloo’s photos of her time there were auctioned off, with proceeds going to LakayPam, a non-profit organization that provides health care, education and shelter to poor children and orphans. “That was

one of the most incredible things I’ve ever done or seen,” she says of the trip. “I really want to go back.” Until then, she will continue to snap pictures of “interesting characters on the street”, her husband and her friends, such as Lily Aldridge and Candice Swanepoel, for her 750,000-plus Instagram followers.

Aside from a “definite” plan to have children, Prinsloo doesn’t look too far into the future. “I have no expectations,” she shrugs, taking a last sip of wine. “Not in a bad way, but I’ve learned that you can’t plan ahead. I live day by day and see what happens. It’s vague, but I like it that way.”

“GROWING up, I’d look at models and THINK, ‘These girls are actually doctors, right?’ I didn’t know about Kate Moss”

“I was a TOMBOY. My mum sent me pictures from when I was a KID – in ones where I’m in a dress, I look so CROSS”

“I was so NERVOUS [before my FIRST Victoria’s Secret show]. All the GIRLS are doing squats BACKSTAGE”