Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Captain-Marvel-logo.jpeg

 

Captain Marvel
Release Date: March 8, 2019 (US)
Director: Ryan Fleck
 
Synopsis
Carol Danvers becomes one of the universe's most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races.
 
Cast
Brie Larson - Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel

Jude Law - Walter Lawson / Mar-Vell

Gemma Chan - Minn-Erva

Samuel L. Jackson - Nick Fury

Lee Pace - Ronan the Accuser

Djimon Hounsou - Korath

Ben Mendelsohn - Talos

Clark Gregg - Phil Coulson

Annette Bening

Robert Kazinsky

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have high hopes for this one. The promotional material released to date suggests a playful and bright movie with a distinctly entertaining vibe and of course, it's another stellar cast. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First official trailer :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trailer 2 is upon us.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2018 at 9:39 AM, Michael* said:

I have high hopes for this one. The promotional material released to date suggests a playful and bright movie with a distinctly entertaining vibe and of course, it's another stellar cast. :)

 

Same. I hope it's good on its own and I hope it's good because it's apparently important to set up Avengers 4.

 

Also, Brie is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jkjk said:

Same. I hope it's good on its own and I hope it's good because it's apparently important to set up Avengers 4.

 

Also, Brie is great.

 

Definitely, I think expectations in general will be fairly high considering the movie's implied importance to the ongoing arc.

 

I feel like the mood they were going for with the first trailer was something slightly meandering and ponderous, almost like a hard sci-fi angle. This second one perhaps has more of a conventional superhero feel, so it'll interesting to see where we end up. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel comfortable trusting Marvel and Feige to get it right. If we were talking about a DC movie, I might be more unsure.   :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jkjk said:

I feel comfortable trusting Marvel and Feige to get it right. If we were talking about a DC movie, I might be more unsure.  :smile:

 

By scheduling it just a couple of months prior to Avengers 4, I feel like they've already ensured big numbers at the box office. There'll be no way to avoid spoilers for the four or five months that it'll take for the digital release to appear, so Captain Marvel should be an essential cinema visit for folks who want to keep up with the continuity.

 

With something like Aquaman, it could go either way. They might be shooting for something that just isn't possible to do well on the big screen. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Michael* said:

Captain Marvel should be an essential cinema visit

 

I know it is for me.   :thumbs_up:

 

4 minutes ago, Michael* said:

With something like Aquaman, it could go either way. They might be shooting for something that just isn't possible to do well on the big screen. :/

 

I didn't like the look of the underwater scenes in Justice League, I think I will feel the same about Aquaman. I'm not sure there is an ideal way to do those scenes, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Big Game' TV Spot.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 12:24 PM, mariopepper said:

I have not seen it yet. What can you say about? Did you like?

 

Overall, I'd place it roughly in the middle of the MCU pack, but the fact that it was structured more like a 90s buddy cop adventure/road movie would push it towards the top end for me.

 

It was undoubtedly pitched at a younger audience than I would have expected, though. It's half for the young'uns, half for their parents who were about the kids' ages in the 90s. I don't think there's anything else quite like it, origin story or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say "the middle of the MCU pack" sounds right, and for me the middle is still quite good.  :smile:

 

I avoid deep dives into user revues, but from the little I have seen, negative reviews seem to focus on a dislike of female-led movies and a dislike of Brie Larsen before even seeing the movie. That was my impression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, although I probably wouldn't put it up there with the very best of the MCU, it didn’t really need to be for me, it just needed to be good fun and it was. :happy:

 

11 hours ago, jkjk said:

I avoid deep dives into user revues, but from the little I have seen, negative reviews seem to focus on a dislike of female-led movies and a dislike of Brie Larsen before even seeing the movie. That was my impression.

 

Not everyone cares for the origin story formula or Marvel's brand of humour, so sure, there are going to be people out there who have legitimate criticisms, but in no way are they close to being in the majority or the loudest critics.

 

The fact that there were two review bombings and a bot attack of the Rotten Tomatoes page is evidence of that too. Meanwhile, on lower traffic audience score sites it's sitting in the same 75-90% range as the vast majority of Marvel's output.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 2:13 AM, Michael* said:

 

Overall, I'd place it roughly in the middle of the MCU pack, but the fact that it was structured more like a 90s buddy cop adventure/road movie would push it towards the top end for me.

 

It was undoubtedly pitched at a younger audience than I would have expected, though. It's half for the young'uns, half for their parents who were about the kids' ages in the 90s. I don't think there's anything else quite like it, origin story or not.

I have already seen it. Last week. 7/10 for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 5:40 PM, mariopepper said:

I have already seen it. Last week. 7/10 for me

 

Yeah, I'd go along with that. I even caught myself craving just a straight-up road movie with Samuel L. Jackson and Brie Larson at one point. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information