Thumbnail

follow the angel

• 2 weeks later...

Jack Johnson

Q: Where did you grow up?

A: On the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii

Q: When did you start playing guitar?

A: I started playing when I was 14.

Q: What was the first song you learned on the guitar?

A: I learned two at the same time: "One" by Metallica and "Father and Son" by Cat Stevens.

Q: What did you do before you put out Brushfire Fairytales?

A: I made surf films.

Q: What are some of your favorite Surf Movies?

A: The Seedling, Litmus, Filthy Habbits, Blazing Boards, Bunyip Dreaming, Green Iguana, and Endless Summer.

Q: Who are some of your (musical) influences?

A: I dig Nick Drake, The Beatles, Hendrix, Tribe Called Quest, Dylan, Ben Harper, Radio Head, G. Love and Special Sauce, Otis Redding, Neil Young, Marley, Kurosawa, Tom Curren and so on.

Q: List the 5 cds your listening to now?

A: any of the Trojan dub compilations, "Night Nurse" - Gregory Isaacs, "Yoshimi..." - Flamming Lips, "Giant Step" - Taj Mahal, and Mason Jennings.

haha you guys really like jack huh? :laugh: me too.

but im not 100% sure if hes Hawaiian. but yea just recently he was in a little surf contest over here i think it was at sandy's or makapu'u not to sure just giving you some news. but yea I cant belive hes that big in Brasil it's still shocking to me. He's doing a concert over here at the Waikiki Shell it would be cool if i could go ima try.:laugh:. My fav song would have to be, Times like these, Banana Pancakes, Sitting,waiting,wishing, upside down, and Taylor.

Heres that pic of the upcoming concert.

post-7659-1172200901_thumb.jpg

haha you guys really like jack huh? :laugh: me too.

but im not 100% sure if hes Hawaiian. but yea just recently he was in a little surf contest over here i think it was at sandy's or makapu'u not to sure just giving you some news. but yea I cant belive hes that big in Brasil it's still shocking to me. He's doing a concert over here at the Waikiki Shell it would be cool if i could go ima try.:laugh:. My fav song would have to be, Times like these, Banana Pancakes, Sitting,waiting,wishing, upside down, and Taylor.

Heres that pic of the upcoming concert.

yes I like him and him song are wonderful

and you like him, right?