Bellazon

Michael Schumacher
Thumbnail

Nemeside

Schumacher wins Massa's kartrace

On Sunday Felipe Massa organised a go-kart race at the Ingleses Kart Track in Florianopolis, Brazil. A total of 23 drivers joined Felipe Massa for the two races. Michael Schumacher won the first race, while Lucas di Grassi won the second race.

Schumacher shone in both races and made the crowd go crazy. In a Monza style madness, hundredths of people invaded the track to join the podium ceremony. Schumacher's presence is guaranteed for next year. Asked if he was surprised with the victory in his first race at the circuit, he answered: "I told Felipe I was worried of getting the last place", he said.

Massa himself finished fifth in the overall standings, but thanks to the success of his event he didn't worry about his own performance too much. "I knew it would be hard to win again, because of the high level of the drivers that came here today, even higher than last year. It was nice to feel like in Monza, with the crowd crossing the track to get closer to the drivers", celebrated Massa.

^why am I not surprised that he won? ;)

on December 9th 2007, the Nazionale Piloti team will play a charity football (soccer) match in Athens!! Michael will be there and SO AM I!!!!!!!! :hell yea!: :hell yea!: :hell yea!:

WOW!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you, but I envy you :(

Here in Greece we don't have many chances in seeing some really famous and worldly known people, so don't envy me!!! :no:

I'll take photos of course!! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I SAW HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so much better looking up on close!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

He was always smiling and waving to us!!!

Ok, here are some photos that I took!!!

Please do not post them anywhere else!!

post-5619-0-1446134478-08206_thumb.jpg

Giancarlo Fisichella arrives first.

post-5619-0-1446134478-10271_thumb.jpg

Michael arrives at the Red Store and creates chaos!

post-5619-0-1446134478-12087_thumb.jpg

Michael leaves the Red Store to go to the Atromitos Stadium for the charity match, driving a FIAT Grande Punto!

post-5619-0-1446134478-14033_thumb.jpg post-5619-0-1446134478-15956_thumb.jpg post-5619-0-1446134478-16814_thumb.jpg th_35658_soccer4_122_630lo.jpg post-5619-0-1446134478-18495_thumb.jpg

Various photos from the game

post-5619-0-1446134478-19314_thumb.jpg

Michael leaves the Atromitos Stadium after the game and waves at us! Unfortunately the photo is blurry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Schumacher to keep advisory role at Ferrari

Michael Schumacher has said he will continue to work for Ferrari's Formula 1 team as the team's advisor. Speaking at Sunday's Race of Champions he said he enjoyed the job while spending time with his family.

Speaking to Sky TV Schumacher said: ""I have to say very interesting things have opened up for me," he said. "Being together with my family is one particular thing that I have enjoyed the most because the school holidays are fixed and those were the only times when we could have vacations together.

"It's nice to be home for them because usually I was testing, travelling, racing and doing events and usually planning for the holidays was always rather a compromise so these are the most beautiful moments that we can spend together. In the future I don't know but right now I am going to stay in my advisory role for Ferrari. I am quite happy in this role and I want to be a happy family father and enjoy life."