Bellazon

Eugenia Volodina
Thumbnail

mrsvannistelrooy

:o thanks for the lesson, that was very clear :p so Russian is a bit like Latin in that respect ! i so wanted to take russian as an option when i go to uni in september but that seems to be a loooooot of work :ninja: all those forms just for our eugenia, that's crazy :laugh: still that's hot :shifty:

you're welcome

good luck with your Russian. And I was going to take french lessons in uni. I hope it's not very hard, I heard it's not

:o thanks for the lesson, that was very clear :p so Russian is a bit like Latin in that respect ! i so wanted to take russian as an option when i go to uni in september but that seems to be a loooooot of work :ninja: all those forms just for our eugenia, that's crazy :laugh: still that's hot :shifty:

you're welcome

good luck with your Russian. And I was going to take french lessons in uni. I hope it's not very hard, I heard it's not

:laugh: i don't know about french, some say it's easy, others say it's hard... i guess it all depends on your mother tongue, your capacities and how much you want to learn the language :flower:

:laugh: i don't know about french, some say it's easy, others say it's hard... i guess it all depends on your mother tongue, your capacities and how much you want to learn the language :flower:

I like languages, so I hope I'll succeed in French.

Lagerfeld Gallery :wub:

oh these are sweet :wub: , thank you :wub:

I stumbled upon that in my eugenia folder and thought i'd share: i love how the article is about eugenia YET they put a pic of Michelle Alves <_< I know some ppl think they look alike but still :ninja:

BTW, can a russian speaker (Tanya ? :whistle: ) tell me why her name is written that way in the header of the article ? :huh:

can anyone tell me what the article says? i love reading articles about her. but if it's not in english, um, i can't read it. :laugh: :wave:

i remember this one time i had to go to an online translation website to read an article about her. and i barely understood it. to think i used three different sites. definitely lost in translation. :whistle:

no, i'm talking about the name in red in the small paragraph under the main title (the big red one that you quoted). The ending of her first name and surname are not as i usually see them :mellow:

oh got what you mean.

you mean Евгении Володиной...

how to explain....if in english you use only one form of a noun and sometimes add prepositions to change the form, we have 6 cases: subjective, genitive, dative, accusative, ablative and locative cases. We change forms of the words according to which case we need.

for example (6 cases for the words Eugenia Volodina )

Евгения Володина (Eugenia Volodina)

Евгении Володиной (Eugenii Volodinoj)*

Евгении Володиной (Eugenii Volodinoj)** (sometimes 2 forms may look the same)

Евгению Володину (Eygeniu Volodinu)

Евгенией Володиной (Eugeniej Volodinoj)

Евгении Володиной (Evgenii Volodinoj)***

*in English you often use pr. "of" + noun to make this case and we only change the form of a noun

** in English often you often add pr. "to" +noun

*** same rule, pr. "about" +noun

I am not sure if it's clear :blink:

Wow! :blink: That's pretty amazing. :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm part Russian myself and since I've become obsessed with Eugenia I've sort of become obsessed with Russian culture and the language. I love the way it sounds. I think it's so beautiful. I speak Polish but have always wanted to learn Russian.

Both languages are similar (not a lot) but it's because they stem from the slavic branch. I'd like to learn Russian but I don't know if I could do it! :doofywave:

My love for Russia is all because of Eugenia! :rofl: