Bellazon

Alien: Covenant

Stromboli1

On 4/27/2017 at 0:12 AM, Cult Icon said:

It'll be interesting to find out how much of this will be woven into the main story, or if it's strictly a stand-alone featurette for the fans. :unsure:

With regard to what happened to Shaw, the prologue doesn't really give much away, although it does seem to be bridging the gap more between Alien and Prometheus. I would assume the most obvious implication is that if David is releasing a stack of xenomorph eggs on the Engineers' home planet, there’s no real reason for him to spare her.

On 4/29/2017 at 8:30 AM, Michael* said:

It'll be interesting to find out how much of this will be woven into the main story, or if it's strictly a stand-alone featurette for the fans. :unsure:

With regard to what happened to Shaw, the prologue doesn't really give much away, although it does seem to be bridging the gap more between Alien and Prometheus. I would assume the most obvious implication is that if David is releasing a stack of xenomorph eggs on the Engineers' home planet, there’s no real reason for him to spare her.

I don't think it's the eggs- those are the black goo containers 

do you think david killed shaw?

I wonder how accurate the promotional X-rays from the previous page are...it depicts the entire crew being infected, and the location/creatures vary.

So far there seems to be 2 creatures (one that bursts out of the body in full, caused by inhaling spores) and then the conventional xenomorph (from the face-hugger)

There is also a mothership in orbit, so I presume that the story continues there.

From what I recall, the Prometheus trailer was literally a "greatest hits" collection of the actual film and spoilered a great deal.  The new movie is either rather sparse/dark like Alien or they are intentionally keeping the other set pieces under wraps.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/ridley-scott-alien-covenant-not-faint-heart-review-article-1.3142709

"Further proving his mastery of creating tension and thrills, Scott has effectively created a satisfying hybrid of "Alien," "Prometheus" and even James Cameron's "Aliens.""

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/alien-covenant-review-prometheus-sequel-prequel-michael-fassbender-david-walter-a7720371.html

81% RT, 21 reviews so far  (17 positive, 4 negative)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alien_covenant#contentReviews

Awesome footage!

the reviews largely conclude that this movie is better than Prometheus- which I also liked.

It also centers on David much more, and go into explaining why he behaved as he did in the first movie.