Bellazon

Alien: Covenant

Stromboli1

18 minutes ago, Michael* said:

It looks very xenomorph-driven but I don't know if I could see Scott ignoring the engineer stuff altogether, I think he's trying to please everyone. I suppose if this movie ties the concepts of Prometheus and Alien together cohesively, it might actually improve the former in terms of being part of an ongoing story arc.

Honestly though, after watching the trailer, my enthusiasm has mostly dissipated. That shower scene was a total eye-roller, it could have been lifted from any number of trash level horror movies. :no:

My first thought was the old horror classic "Psycho" lol

The leak/leaked set photos indicate that they travel to an Engineer site and also explore an engineer ship.  This is presumably the ship that Shaw and David commandeered.

346749D400000578-0-image-a-63_1463721781http://i0.wp.com/www.soisitanygood.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Alien-Covenant-3.jpg

10 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

I hope this film doesn't disappoint and confuse us even more.

The weirdest of the leaked photos are all the humanoid/contorted statues. Now, there is an explanation for this in the leaks but it looks similar to the aftermath of a fire, nuclear weapon, or air-dropped fire bomb (all the burnt and twisted bodies). 

2 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

The weirdest of the leaked photos are all the humanoid/contorted statues. Now, there is an explanation for this in the leaks but it looks similar to the aftermath of a fire, nuclear weapon, or air-dropped fire bomb (all the burnt and twisted bodies). 

I read that Noomi Rapace is hardly in the film and Katherine Waterson is the lead character along with Fassbender.

I'm laughing that James Franco & Danny McBride are in this movie.

48 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

I hope this film doesn't disappoint and confuse us even more.

I'm in two minds on that, really. In some ways, I wish they'd stop trying to make sense of everything, because nothing ruins a scary dark room like switching on the lights. Explaining away all the origins, motives and so on of aliens (not only in this franchise, in many others too) makes them feel more and more like CGI or people running around in costumes, and to me the appeal of the series was always the suspense more so than the horror. Then again, I hope there’s more to it than just rehashing the original Alien.

3 minutes ago, Michael* said:

I'm in two minds on that, really. In some ways, I wish they'd stop trying to make sense of everything, because nothing ruins a scary dark room like switching on the lights. Explaining away all the origins, motives and so on of aliens (not only in this franchise, in many others too) makes them feel more and more like CGI or people running around in costumes, and to me the appeal of the series was always the suspense more so than the horror. Then again, I hope there’s more to it than just rehashing the original Alien.

I just hope that the aliens (xenomorphs) weren't created as biological weapons by the engineers, I'd rather they naturally evolve. That would ruin the series if it was the former.

44 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

My first thought was the old horror classic "Psycho" lol

The leak/leaked set photos indicate that they travel to an Engineer site and also explore an engineer ship.  This is presumably the ship that Shaw and David commandeered.

I haven't seen much in the way of leaks, but my feeling was that the whole colony ship thing could be a ruse, with the Company sending it there in response to a signal received from David and/or Shaw, and the other Fassbender perhaps being being the only one to know the real mission.

The idea that this ship just happened to stumble across the engineer homeworld and then just happened to find David and Shaw, all just a few years removed from the events of Prometheus, seems kind of unlikely. :laugh:

On 12/26/2016 at 2:33 AM, Stromboli1 said:

I just hope that the aliens (xenomorphs) weren't created as biological weapons by the engineers, I'd rather they naturally evolve. That would ruin the series if it was the former.

I must admit, I'm not that interested in a story where they're just kind of whipped up in a lab, or something to that effect. I much prefer the idea of the xenomorphs predating everything else and later being wrangled into some kind of biological weaponry by the engineers. :hehe:

The movie is a sequel to Prometheus but focuses on the Aliens (at the end of Prometheus, David and Elizabeth Shaw leave the planet in the engineer spaceship as they attempt to go to "where they came from".  

I think that the Xenomorphs are so far, depicted as a biological weapon related to the black goo and not something that is naturally occurring.

It looks like the alien spore goes into Dr. Manhattan's ear ??

On 12/27/2016 at 1:36 PM, Cult Icon said:

I think that the Xenomorphs are so far, depicted as a biological weapon related to the black goo and not something that is naturally occurring.

With regard to the xenomorphs' origins, I'm really hoping that they're still holding back a couple of choice twists, either for this film or a future one. I like to think that perhaps the engineers created the black ooze using harvested xenomorph DNA, but weren't the original creators of the xenomorphs themselves.