Bellazon

Sergio Ramos
Thumbnail

Tali

Sergio Ramos quashes Chelsea links

Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has dismissed speculation linking him to Chelsea, insisting he is fully committed to the Galaticos.

The Spanish international has recently been linked with a move to England, with Stamford Bridge the rumoured destination.

But Ramos has been swift in calming the worried Madrid fans by proclaiming his love and loyalty to the club.

The 24-year-old commented to Fifa.com: "I know I need to earn a few more stripes and I'm more than happy to accept that challenge.

"I've been here for seven years and I've absorbed the values of this great club by playing alongside legends like Zinedine Zidane and Raul.

"Now I'm sharing the captaincy with Iker Casillas and I have to set an example and help the newer players, who don't know the club so well."

"As for the future, you can never say what's going to happen in football, although I am happy here. I'm very grateful to Sevilla and Madrid for having moulded me as a player and a person.

"And what more can I ask for than to be with the best club in the world, in a fantastic city and with my family close by? I love it here and if they offer to renew my contract for life, I'd jump at the chance."

Ramos joined Madrid from Sevilla in 2005 when he was 19-year-old for €27 million, which remains a record fee for a Spanish teenager.