Bellazon

Shawn Mendes
Thumbnail

MauiKane

otgnzPT.jpg

Photographed by Matt Jones, singer Shawn Mendes covers the June/July 2016 issue of Seventeen magazine. Connecting with the magazine, the 17 year-old talks fame and music. Dishing on the dark side of fame, Mendes confesses, “Drugs and stuff scare the s***out of me. I’m not just saying that. I have a thing where if I’m not in control, I feel the whole world is about to collapse. So it’s just not worth it.”

WZuWROl.jpg

Changing the subject and discussing his upcoming album, Mendes explains it as a “mix of pop and like a John Mayer–and–Ed Sheeran acoustic feel all in one. My friends and I think John Mayer is this music god who we’ve grown up learning from.” The 17 year-old continues, “I’m going to keep writing until I feel I’m ready to release the album. I have songs about growing up, about ex-relationships—ex-relationship, I should say. I haven’t had relationships. A couple of songs about relationships with girls since fame.”

QkpUus0.jpg

thefashionisto.com

66nRSbc.jpg

Shawn Peter Raul Mendes (born August 8, 1998) is a Canadian singer-songwriter and model. He attracted a following in 2013, when he began posting song covers on the popular video sharing application Vine. The following year, he caught the attention of artist managers Andrew Gertler and Island Records A&R Ziggy Chareton, which led to him signing a deal with the record label. Mendes went on to release an EP and his debut studio album Handwritten, whose single "Stitches" reached the top 10 in the U.S. and Canada, and number one in the UK.

Mendes was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and was raised in Pickering, a suburb of the city. He is the son of Karen, a real estate agent, and Manuel Mendes, a businessman, selling bar and restaurant supplies in Toronto. His father is Portuguese (from Algarve), while his mother is English. He attended Pine Ridge Secondary School in Pickering, Ontario.

wikipedia

• 1 month later...

Who knew Shawn Mendes was totally ripped?! The 17-year-old singer doesn’t normally flaunt his bod, but he had no problem doing so in his latest music video. In the vid for “Treat You Better,” Shawn wants to prove that he’s the perfect guy for a beautiful girl — and he does so by going completely shirtless!  (hollywoodlife.com)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

QhXoocz.jpg

On the heels of releasing his new album, Illuminate, Shawn Mendes appears in the October 2016 issue of L’Uomo Vogue. Photographer Sebastian Kim captures the young singer for the Italian magazine. Embracing a sleek fashion edge, Shawn connects with stylist Rushka Bergman. Charming in a series of endearing images, Shawn models fashions from Saint Laurent, Valentino, Givenchy, and other brands.

Talking to L’Uomo Vogue about nerves and anxiety when it comes to performing, Mendes shares, “The first few times I was really nervous. And in the end I always am whenever I step onto a stage, although now I’m more aware and confident.” The 18-year-old singer continues, “How do I beat the tension? I prepare my voice by eating manuka honey according to grandmother’s recipe. And then I isolate my mind, focusing only on the music.”

u7Vctw4.jpg

4DqFHLh.jpg

V1ANLPS.jpg

1hZLDUm.jpg

thefashionisto.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...