Brigitte Bardot
Thumbnail

saritaa

Emma Roberts, Dave Franco Get Cozy In Cults' 'Go Outside' Supervideo

post-17383-1300587653_thumb.jpg

Dave Franco and Emma Roberts in the Cults' "Go Outside" supervideo

Photo: MTV

post-17383-1300587688_thumb.jpg

On Tuesday, a supervideo for Cults' "Go Outside" starring Dave Franco and Emma Roberts debuted on MTV.com.

In the video, Franco plays a character obsessed with 1960s Jean-Luc Godard films. His obsession comes to life when French sex symbol Brigitte Bardot (played by Roberts) steps out of his favorite Godard flick, "Contempt," and into his living room. The two embark on a nightlong romantic escapade throughout Los Angeles, and providing the soundtrack is the dreamy "Go Outside" by New York duo Cults.

The supervideo is actually the second effort in a partnership between MTV and Mean magazine. The first video brought Anna Kendrick and director David Ayer together for LCD Soundsystem's "Pow Pow."

MTV News caught up with Franco and Roberts on the set, where they talked about what it meant to film the video.

"I love Brigitte Bardot," Roberts said. "I've always been drawn to her style, and I just think there's something so timeless about her that she's still such an icon today. And I just thought it'd be fun to get to kind of do a little mini-film to music, and I love the concept and I was excited Davie was a part of it and it's just been really fun."

Of course channeling the iconic bombshell meant going blond for Roberts, which she loved: "I feel like a Barbie doll. I think it's cool."

And a major part of the Bardot persona meant another thing. "We have to make out in the video -- a lot," Roberts added.

While the treatment meant that the two would be getting very intimate, luckily for Franco, he wasn't going in blind.

"We knew each other a little bit before the video," Franco said. "Which is great for this kind of project, where you can kind of jump into it and just have fun with it, rather than trying to get comfortable with each other and literally within 10 minutes of meeting each other, your tongues are in each other's mouths."

From the looks of the video, they got to know each other a lot better by the end.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658577/e...upervideo.jhtml