Bellazon

Brigitte Bardot
Thumbnail

saritaa

thanks lisa and twinkle she is gorgeous!!! as it will have an expostion about BB this fall, the year 2010 will be very Bardot! all the fashion is like BB style!!! I saw many models who try to be the new Bardot like Lara stone :x or kate moss for the style and hair (coz before when kate was with dark hair anybody said she was the copy of bardot even if she had already the same fashion style) I saw the new perfum of YSL will be with Kate moss and it call "Parisienne" like the movie of brigitte called too "Une parisienne"...

Fashion people don't forget there is just one BB!!!

In fashion the Bardot neckline (a wide open neck that exposes both shoulders) is named after her. Bardot popularized this style which is especially used for knitted sweaters or jumpers although it is also used for other tops and dresses.

annexbardotbrigitte22.jpg

29416849659d6f62596e.jpg

dieu.jpg

Bardot is recognised for popularizing bikini swimwear in early films such as Manina (Woman without a Veil, 1952), in her appearances at Cannes and in many photo shoots.

bik.jpg

bikinik.jpg

95326brigittebardot0212.jpg

Bardot also brought into fashion the choucroute ("Sauerkraut") hairstyle (a sort of beehive hair style) and gingham clothes after wearing a checkered pink dress, designed by Jacques Esterel, at her wedding to Charrier. She was the subject for an Andy Warhol painting.

2cfed7b.jpgspa0001234181f.jpg

sat869lv8.jpg

marinei.jpg

marine2.jpg

marine3.jpg

vichy1.jpg

vichy.jpg

85219485.jpg

Bardot is recognised for popularizing short skirts in the middle of the 60's when she did a movie in London

joupe.jpg

jupe.jpg

BB style:

imgsetz.jpg

lw0808255fcelebritya775.jpg

In fashion the Bardot neckline (a wide open neck that exposes both shoulders) is named after her. Bardot popularized this style which is especially used for knitted sweaters or jumpers although it is also used for other tops and dresses.

annexbardotbrigitte22.jpg

29416849659d6f62596e.jpg

dieu.jpg

Bardot is recognised for popularizing bikini swimwear in early films such as Manina (Woman without a Veil, 1952), in her appearances at Cannes and in many photo shoots.

bik.jpg

bikinik.jpg

95326brigittebardot0212.jpg

Bardot also brought into fashion the choucroute ("Sauerkraut") hairstyle (a sort of beehive hair style) and gingham clothes after wearing a checkered pink dress, designed by Jacques Esterel, at her wedding to Charrier. She was the subject for an Andy Warhol painting.

2cfed7b.jpgspa0001234181f.jpg

sat869lv8.jpg

marinei.jpg

marine2.jpg

marine3.jpg

vichy1.jpg

vichy.jpg

85219485.jpg

Bardot is recognised for popularizing short skirts in the middle of the 60's when she did a movie in London

joupe.jpg

jupe.jpg

BB style:

imgsetz.jpg

lw0808255fcelebritya775.jpg

The one and only!

Wow! Thanks stefanobacci!!! :drool:

Does anybody know what was the favourite parfume of BB??? All know that Marilyn Monroe preferred Chanel N5, it would be very interesting to know what BB loved??? :angel:

Vent Vert (by Balmain), Jicky (Guerlain) and Aubepine Acacia (which Creed made especially for her) I read all of this before on other pages, but here is one source you can check out: http://perfumeshrine.fortunecity.com/celebritylist.html Hope this helps!

Vent Vert (by Balmain), Jicky (Guerlain) and Aubepine Acacia (which Creed made especially for her) I read all of this before on other pages, but here is one source you can check out: http://perfumeshrine.fortunecity.com/celebritylist.html Hope this helps!

Oooooouh! :woot: Thank you soooooooooo much ChildOfTheMoon !!!!! :hug: :flower: I will try to find and test them :cool: :bounce:

You're right Choco!

Yes I've heard she put those perfums but in her book she saids her fav perfum was: "Heure Bleue" of Guerlain (that's why Serge Gainsbourg in "Initials BB" songs says she she wears only Guerlain...and that's why they use "Initials BB" song in the TV Ad with Natalia Vodianova for Guerlain

p0766hero.jpg

You're right Choco!

Yes I've heard she put those perfums but in her book she saids her fav perfum was: "Heure Bleue" of Guerlain (that's why Serge Gainsbourg in "Initials BB" songs says she she wears only Guerlain...and that's why they use "Initials BB" song in the TV Ad with Natalia Vodianova for Guerlain

p0766hero.jpg

yes I've heard of this one too!

Bardot was idolized by young John Lennon and Paul McCartney. They made plans to shoot a film featuring The Beatles and Bardot, similar to A Hard Day's Night, but the plans were never fulfilled. Lennon's first wife Cynthia Powell lightened her hair color to more closely resemble Bardot, while George Harrison made comparisons between Bardot and his first wife Pattie Boyd, as Cynthia wrote later in A Twist of Lennon. Lennon and Bardot met in person once, in 1968 at the Mayfair Hotel, introduced by Beatles press agent Derek Taylor. Rolling Stones put her as the most beautiful woman.

According to the liner notes of his first (self-titled) album, musician Bob Dylan dedicated the first song he ever wrote to Bardot. He also mentioned her by name in "I Shall Be Free", which appeared on his second album, The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan.

I will find pics about John wife!

You're welcome Fialka- :)

great information Lisa- :yes: she probably wore more than just one perfume, like most women. It's interesting to hear about her favourite things. I never read her book, how old was she when she wrote it, do you know?

Could you please share more information with us, about her favourite things or anything else she wrote in the book? Anything about her hair? LOVE THAT BIG HAIRDO! :wub:

You're welcome Fialka- :)

great information Lisa- :yes: she probably wore more than just one perfume, like most women. It's interesting to hear about her favourite things. I never read her book, how old was she when she wrote it, do you know?

Could you please share more information with us, about her favourite things or anything else she wrote in the book? Anything about her hair? LOVE THAT BIG HAIRDO! :wub:

Thanks Twinkle she is so pretty in this picture!!!!

thanks Childofthemoon!

Well she wrote her book in 1995! she talks from her childhood until 1995!

Oh la la la! she says many things about her movies, her lovers her friends! it depends what you want to know! I will translate for you!

thanks Childofthemoon!

Oh la la la! she says many things about her movies, her lovers her friends! it depends what you want to know! I will translate for you!

Anything about fashion, makeup and products she used would be of great help. She's such an inspiration!

No hurry, translate when you have time. Thanks. :)

btw, is her book available in English?

thanks Childofthemoon!

Anything about fashion, makeup and products she used would be of great help. She's such an inspiration!

No hurry, translate when you have time. Thanks. :)

btw, is her book available in English?

yes of course!

Ok I will read again some parts lol

I remember one thing she said when she wa syoung with her first husband Vadim she was so afraid to be ugly in front of him, that she didn't remove her's make up and that the monring she looked like a panda!