Bellazon

Ronaldo Lima
Thumbnail

Ronaldo Back Sooner Than Expected?

Milan striker Ronaldo is making excellent progress with his rehabilitation from injury and his physiotherapist hinted that the Brazilian may recover quicker than expected.

The legendary striker suffered a nasty career threatening injury earlier this season and there were fears that he would never return to a football pitch. However there is some great news for both Milan and Brazil fans as the big hit man is flying through his recovery.

“I have some good news,” the physio told Sport TV.

“The result of the examinations indicate that Ronaldo’s recovery is going very well.

“The process is at an advanced stage which is what we wanted. Everyone is asking whether we can get him back sooner but at the moment we cannot answer that question.

“We are hoping that he recovers sooner than expected and he could come back a little early.

“Ronaldo has plenty of motivation to play football again.”

No doubt this is welcome news for all involved with the player and football fans around the world will be hoping the player can return to grace a football pitch for one more time.

Milan are currently sixth in Serie A and they have not been in great form ever since the injury to Ronaldo, perhaps, it could have been different if the striker was still playing for them. Such is football.

Ronaldo Wants To Return To Milan Via Flamengo

Crocked Brazilian striker Ronaldo has revealed that he hopes to have a short loan spell at Flamengo before returning to play for Milan.

However El Fenomeno is recovering excellently following his subsequent operation and it appears that his recovery process, first estimated at nine months, is ahead of schedule.

“I am working four or five hours per day in the hope of recovery,” Ronaldo told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I want to be able to play football on the beach with my friends and to have a normal life.

“During my last tests in Paris, the doctors gave me the hope and the guarantees that I needed.

“It’s nearly two months since the operation and the knee is already feeling much better.

“I would like to try and play for Flamengo for a few months and then hopefully try and return to Milan.”

Flamengo were heavily linked with signing Ronaldo during the January transfer window, but the transfer never occurred.

Flamengo Tell Ronaldo: You’re Welcome Here

Brazilian club Flamengo have told crocked striker Ronaldo that he is welcome to come and play for them as part of his recovery process.

El Fenomeno severed a tendon in his knee playing for Milan in February, and is expected to be out of action for around nine months.

Yesterday the 31-year-old revealed that he would like to spend some time playing for Flamengo before returning to the Rossoneri.

“I would like to try and play for Flamengo for a few months and then hopefully try and return to Milan,” he said.

Flamengo, who were strongly linked with signing Ronaldo in January, have reacted favourably to these comments.

“This is his house,” Vice-President Kleber Leite told Globo Esporte.

“If Ronaldo wants to use our club to rehabilitate himself then he will be welcome.

“There would be nothing better for Flamengo than to regain this happiness.”

Ronaldo has not played in the Brazilian league since leaving Cruzeiro as a teenager in 1994 in order to join Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven.

Ronaldo: I’m Not Thinking About Flamengo Yet

Crocked Milan star Ronaldo has backtracked slightly over comments he made earlier in the week in which he stated his desire to play for Flamengo before returning to San Siro.

El Fenomeno severed a tendon in his knee playing for Milan in February, and is expected to be out of action for around nine months.

Earlier this week the striker revealed that he would like to spend some time playing for Flamengo before returning to the Rossoneri.

“I would like to try and play for Flamengo for a few months and then hopefully try and return to Milan,” he stated.

Flamengo reacted favorably to these comments, telling the player he was more than welcome to continue his recovery with them.

However Ronaldo has now backtracked slightly, and says that all he is thinking about at the moment is his rehabilitation.

"I am thinking only to recover well, at this moment it is too early to think about that Flamengo," El Fenomeno told journalists at the 'Tom Jobim' International Airport in Rio de Janeiro.