Bellazon

Anastasiya Scheglova
Thumbnail

3 hours ago, Charlie's Alter Ego said:

The new update locked me out of my account and I can't recover my password because my cellphone recently broke, so I made a new account testing the methods I mentioned earlier that used to work for me. Both "Imagus" and "jDownloader" don't work anymore for images on 500px, but I expect jDownloader to update their software at some point to address that issue...

Can you tell me when either one gets to work again? 

Sucks for your account though :/

8 hours ago, neurovibe said:

This allows to view the output (after the json query) and there you have a URL you can drag into a new tab.

Checked this and it only gives a low res link, this really sucks

It seems like 500px now checks your screen resolution and sends you an image which is a little larger than your Monitor resolution, resized in realtime. Did anyone check the "new" 500px already with a 4k (3.840 x 2.160 pixels) Monitor or with a virtual Desktop at that size? With my Monitor at 1280 x 1024 I get a max. image resolution of 1500 x 1000 with that "test-image" (I wasn't logged in). Imagus at Opera still works, but as the pages are no more static, it can only provide that 1500 x 1000 pixels. 

This change can reduce their traffic by approx. 20-30% which should be the reason why they did this change.

46 minutes ago, LoganJ said:

It seems like 500px now checks your screen resolution and sends you an image which is a little larger than your Monitor resolution, resized in realtime. Did anyone check the "new" 500px already with a 4k (3.840 x 2.160 pixels) Monitor or with a virtual Desktop at that size? With my Monitor at 1280 x 1024 I get a max. image resolution of 1500 x 1000 with that "test-image" (I wasn't logged in). Imagus at Opera still works, but as the pages are no more static, it can only provide that 1500 x 1000 pixels. 

This change can reduce their traffic by approx. 20-30% which should be the reason why they did this change.

Hm, interesting, I'll try that out. Unfortunately I'll have to spoof the res', only my tv is 4k. 

p.s.: I think you meant reduce bandwidth, but yah, sounds logical

10 minutes ago, neurovibe said:

Hm, interesting, I'll try that out. Unfortunately I'll have to spoof the res', only my tv is 4k. 

p.s.: I think you meant reduce bandwidth, but yah, sounds logical

You can connect your computer and your TV by HDMI and thus use your TV for testing (as a second Monitor - open the Browser on the TV screen).

Bandwidth is the speed and the amount of data the server can send within one second and is divided by the number of active users on the site. Traffic is the amount of data which is sent within a specific time. As the file-size is reduced, the traffic will be reduced and with the same Bandwidth as before, more users can get served at the same time. On the other hand, the short lag of realtime resizing is partly compensated by faster loading (less data) for users with lower screen resolution.

38 minutes ago, LoganJ said:

You can connect your computer and your TV by HDMI and thus use your TV for testing (as a second Monitor - open the Browser on the TV screen).

Bandwidth is the speed and the amount of data the server can send within one second and is divided by the number of active users on the site. Traffic is the amount of data which is sent within a specific time. As the file-size is reduced, the traffic will be reduced and with the same Bandwidth as before, more users can get served at the same time. On the other hand, the short lag of realtime resizing is partly compensated by faster loading (less data) for users with lower screen resolution.

Good idea, for the TV via HDMI.

I don't know if bandwidth is the correct term I used since yes, I know bandwidth (in all other senses and in home connections) is the amount per X time, such as volts vs amperage. I forget the word or maybe I used that word, every time I've coded websites or backends on servers, the hosting said bandwidth (or another word that I forget) as amount of data that can be served over a monthly invoice, thus my (maybe) confusion. I somehow always attributed traffic as unique users, maybe I was wrong. My reasoning, which I never apparently questioned post-2000's, was that the more unique visitors, the more bandwidth used. Well well

Meanwhile on IG:
Ph.: n/a Date: posted early July 2019 • Source: their IG  Res.: 1350px
oj0sSY0W_t.jpg U9jxBxsX_t.jpg utvzCf2K_t.jpg 5s7UXBwA_t.jpg w40058QC_t.jpg U7mV4GTx_t.jpg bcEFCqjp_t.jpg PIyArZoz_t.jpg tjWHAKwT_t.jpg AhM2PJiy_t.jpg