Bellazon

Holly Graves
Thumbnail

katchitup

5 minutes with model Holly Graves photographed by Jeffrey Chan for C-Heads

93bef7411114292.jpg 18b246411114300.jpg 7229cb411114304.jpg 166793411114308.jpg 7b930b411114314.jpg c4ab63411114323.jpg 18e99b411114329.jpg 1da0ca411114338.jpg dd7c95411114345.jpg f1c5ba411114357.jpg 3c83bd411114373.jpg 

Model Holly Graves at Vivien’s Sydney and Wilhelmina NY, a global wanderer from Texas, talks to us about her childhood memories, the most challenging part about working in the fashion industry and about style inspiration. Photographer Jeffrey Chan took some exclusive photos for us from the cute and stunning Dietetics and Nutrition student. Makeup&Hair is done by Vic Anderson. Holly wears swimwear by Fella.

What are your origins?

Born and raised in Texas. Enough said about that.

Style icon?

I believe style is more of a portrayal of the inner self. With that said I really don’t look to one person for style inspiration. Rather I draw inspiration from many different sources – if I like it and I’m feeling it then I will wear it.

What is the most challenging part about working in the fashion industry?

The uncertainty of a daily schedule. Castings, jobs, and shoots can all come up at any minute. The norm is that models don’t get their schedules until the evening before the day. So, planning to meet up with friends, planning for travelling holidays, and basically scheduling anything such as time to study or doctors appointments can be difficult. However, with this uncertain schedule also comes a lot of flexibility. You can choose whether to take off work or not and there are some days where you get plenty of free time for yourself.

And your favorite fashion designer?

Ok I am just going to list some – these are either those that I wish I could buy everything from and others that I love wearing day to day: Rag & Bone, anything from Free People, Gucci and anyone who makes some sexy yoga gear or bikinis!

What’s your favourite beauty tip?

LESS IS MORE! Girls – please stop painting your faces.

Instagram is all about presenting the ideal version of yourself – “the good life”. Why do you think so many people are addicted to this app?

I think Instagram serves different purposes for different people. Either they escape to Instagram for an alternate reality, find it as a place to draw inspiration from, or use it to find hilarious memes, videos, and animal pictures. – It is also a place where people feel like they are peering into the lives of others and this is where social media can get dangerous. Instagram more often than not portrays a person’s life in its most ideal form, which can encourage unrealistic goals and much more (No Bueno).

And which is your favorite instagram account?

@Marniethedog, I laugh uncontrollably every time. And I love @MysticMama

Childhood memories?

Oh man, I would have to say anything that has to do with growing up outside in Texas. Riding dirtbikes, fishing, and hunting with my dad and brother at the ranch are some of my best memories. I learned a lot about myself, got to spend time with my family, and basically lived in nature, which I feel few children get to do these days.

Your favorite food?

Peanut butter –I can’t even keep it in the house because I will eat a whole jar of it.

Favorite movie

Any Guy Richie movie!

Favorite place to travel?

If its got a beautiful beach then I’m there! I have been to some amazing places but nothing can beat the magic of the ocean, sandy skin, and salty hair.

5 things you can´t live without?

Family, Yoga Mat, Passport, Sunshine (I should probably include sunscreen in there), and Communication – some way to communicate with my friends and family if I am traveling (email? Whatsapp?)

Best advice you’ve ever received?

To explore all opportunities and possibilities. I don’t think anyone ever told me this exactly, but it’s definitely something that I try to remember and follow.

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Hmmm I don’t like predicting where I will be because life changes on a day-to-day basis. Ultimately I will be following my passion in yoga and health (I am a Dietetics and Nutrition student), surrounded by those I love, and hopefully continuing to travel. And you can bet your a** that I will still be riding four wheelers and dirt bikes, going shooting, and fishing in Texas.

http://www.c-heads.com/2015/05/15/5-minutes-with-model-holly-graves-photographed-by-jeffrey-chan-for-c-heads/

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...