Bellazon

Warhol

How were you discovered? 

My mum and sister had modelled before, and it inspired me to do the same. After bugging my mum for a while, I got into a kids agency. The jobs came quickly after that.

What do you enjoy the most about modelling?

The nicest thing is the atmosphere that reigns on a shoot. Every person on the set is an artist with his or her own creative flow. I really like it when all these energies come together and the result is a great picture. Doing castings is something else I love doing. You see other models and get to know people. It’s a great aspect of my job.

Do you have any rituals before a shoot?

No, I don’t, but I often repeat certain things to myself before it starts. I want to give the best of me and not disappoint anyone. Then I take a deep breath and let myself go completely.

Has modelling made you more self-conscious?

I believe it has. I’m more aware of taking good care of myself, too, going to bed early and eating well. I’ve also decided to join an athletics club. Although my friends like to go to parties, I avoid them, because I think I’m too young and I shouldn’t waste my time on them.

Is there anything you won’t eat?

I try to stay healthy. I won’t stuff myself with chips and chocolates, you know. I don’t eat junk food at home, but sometimes the temptation is here. My parents are healthy and they cook great meals for us.

Do you read or listen to music while waiting to be photographed?

Most of the time, I take my school bag with me and study a bit on a shoot or do my homework. I also talk to people around me, as I think listening to music on your own is a bit selfish. I enjoy watching what others are doing and learn from them. You can see how other models pose or how photographers deal with light, which I find fascinating.

What’s your take on fashion?

I do follow trends, but try to create my own style. I’m not the kind of girl you’ll see wearing jeans and a sweater on the street, I love combining things to create a nice outfit. At home, Fashion TV is on and I follow what’s happening.

Have you had any career highlights so far?

I’ve had several. My first 3 shoots were for VOGUE Bambini and I was 8 years old. I didn’t even realize how lucky I was to be in Vogue! Recently, I was on the cover of Knack Weekend Black, which felt like a real honour. I have to say I completely lost it when I  saw my face in Elle Belgium for the Cameleon campaign. I recently did a test shoot for Delvaux‘s next campaign. Fingers crossed!

What has been your most embarrassing moment?

Until now, I haven’t experienced anything annoying, even though it might happen one day.

Modelling can be lonely at times. Have you met some nice people and made interesting connections? 

I haven’t felt lonely yet. The people I’ve worked with have been lovely and they’ve had good intentions as well. Everyone in the agency has your interests at heart and protects you completely. The others girls I’ve worked with were always nice and I’m happy whenever I see them again.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...