Bellazon

SA Rugbymag - Mala Bryan Q&A 11.07.14

skTRJ1RX.jpg

SARugbymag.co.za talks to Mala Bryan, SA Swimsuit’s resident St Lucian, on settling in South Africa and shooting for SA Swimsuit 2014.

What made you decide to settle in Cape Town?
I first came for work, but felt a great connection with the city. It’s become a place of comfort for me. My time is split between Cape Town and Miami. Modeling-wise, they’re quite similar. The money is better in Miami – it’s a little more upscale – but Cape Town is beautiful. I’ve been all over – Greece, Germany, France, Thailand, Israel – but Cape Town resonates with me. But St Lucia will always be my favourite, though; my feel-good spot. I go back once or twice a year.

What’s it like being in the Seychelles?
St Lucia and the Seychelles both have a British and French colonial history, so there are a lot of similarities there. Both islands speak Creole, though different variants. In a way, it feels like coming home.

And shooting for SA Swimsuit?
I was in Cape Town when I booked the job, just before I was due to head back to Miami. I did a speech to a few strangers in a public bathroom when I found out, I was that excited. I’d had my eye on it since it was part of Sports Illustrated, when Bar Refaeli shot for them. Every year my agency dissuaded me, in a way. But I never gave up on the thought of it. Now I’m here, and it’s been such an incredible experience. The crew’s praise and positivity has put me on a cloud; I’ve had to remind myself to stay grounded.

Photo: Rory Keohane/HSM Images

SA Rugbymag - Nicole Myer Q&A 14.07.14

Capetonian come Londoner Nicole Meyer talks about her travels, the realities of modelling, and being in the Seychelles for SA Swimsuit 2014.

Why London?
I’ve been based there the past two months but the truth is, if you’re really working – working a lot – you’re not based anywhere. I’ll be based in New York in August – my three-year working visa just came through.

Does a career in modeling live up to the hype?
It’s not all champagne parties and yachts. I got hypothermia in Morocco shooting swimwear; ice cold water for two hours, in and out, in and out, over and over. Or being on your feet for six hours, when you have to shoot 200 different lingerie looks. But it has its perks, definitely: I’m 22 and I’ve seen the world, every continent except Australia. Los Angeles was the best. Barcelona – Spain in general, actually – was great. And being here, obviously, is amazing. The good times definitely outweigh the bad.

How has your Seychelles experience been?
Borneo [for SA Swimsuit 2013] was beautiful, but the weather in the Seychelles has been much better. All of my shots have been in the early morning light, too, which is lovely. The locals are great; in the village people stop to talk to me. It feels a little like Thailand, but a lot more quaint. And we were here for the traditional Creole evening, with the dancing and food. There was a Creole fruitbat curry, actually.

What’s your go-to meal?
I’d cook you a potato bake. Or a braai. Why are you laughing?

^ No sure, because they wear the pink bikini of the Bridgestone Pink Drive campaign (against breasts cancer) and Bridgestone is their main sponsor, so, this serie is probably not made for the cover, but it's sure that this serie of pics is highly incredible !

-- -- --

>> BEHIND THE SCENES WITH BRIDGESTONE SOUTH AFRICA

The frantic excitement of a three week adventure to shoot SA SWIMSUIT 2014 has come and gone and it’s now time for us to move into post production to put together the magazine we’ve all been waiting for.

ImbscrEi.jpg

1MZRtXCF.jpg u9MJDQAZ.jpg

9mcyGJFC.jpg qv0q8ONV.jpg

ip0dMtft.jpg I7W6PvXy.jpg Tt7Kx0CA.jpg

>> PICTORIAL: THE PRODUCTION TEAM IN ACTION

Putting together a project as big as SA SWIMSUIT 2014 is no picnic. The pictures in the magazine might look like the photographer has just wandered off down the beach with one of the models and captured the moment, but in reality there’s so much more going on!

At one stage in the Seychelles the SA SWIMSUIT touring party swelled to over 30 people – meaning that wherever we went the locals and holidaymakers would get inquisitive to see what all the action was all about.

Among our team we were fortunate to have videographer and photographer Ross Hillier who captured some incredible images of the team at work. We feel these pics give a great look into how the team works and just how beautiful the Seychelles is.

Enjoy!

WARmAlot.jpg uaTaeyF4.jpg

GZJ2At27.jpg 3YmLHhCo.jpg

RuO35pev.jpg AvzgplNp.jpg

EoEkgysM.jpg

Jordan van der Vyver is such a cutie :ddr:  :hehe: My new favorite South African model :hehe: But wait van der is related with Holland,right? :idk:  :dance: 

She is probably an Afrikaner as Candice, Genevieve or Nicole etc... ;)

Jordan van der Vyver is such a cutie :ddr:  :hehe: My new favorite South African model :hehe: But wait van der is related with Holland,right? :idk:  :dance: 

She is probably an Afrikaner as Candice, Genevieve or Nicole etc...  ;)

:wave:    :hug:      :yes: