Bellazon

Lauren de Graaf
Thumbnail

alfadolls

http://www.fashionmilk.com/en/blogs-en/blog-backstage-bij-edwin-oudshoorn-met-lauren-de-graaf

BLOG: Backstage at Edwin Oudshoorn with Lauren de Graaf23 January 2015

Fashionmilk

Model Lauren de Graaf (Elite Model Management Amsterdam) walked for Edwin Oudshoorn during the openingnight of Amsterdam Fashion Week. Curious about her experience? Read her blog now!

Lauren: With the second exam week from school just done, I walked fashionweek yesterday for the first time. Two weeks before I went to the casting/fitting, so I had seen quite some looks, but I was still very curious to see which look I would get.

When I arrived at the Westergasfabriek around half past two I immediately received a backstage-pas and I chatted with some other girls who walked the show. After 10 minutes I could go straight to the hairdressers to get my hair done. My hair got sprayed wet and done in curlers and to let it dry I had to put my head in some blown-up toilet-seat that blew hot air. That sounds pretty weird, and it actually was haha.

After it was a variety between getting my make-up done, chatting, eating, fittings, getting my hair done and rehearsals! The make-up was some type of coral pink with a dark purple crease and some gold, which fit perfectly with the colors of the collection. First I wore a dress that was fully embroidered with beads, but eventually I changed looks with the girl walking in front of me, so I got to wear a short yellow dress with a very big necklace. Everyone had one look, so we could take things slowly and there was barely any stress.

All looks were very pretty and the shoes were nice too. Unfortunately we found out that my toenail was growing in, so that resulted in painfull feet in somewhat small heels. Luckily everyone was very kind and helpful and eventually I stepped on the catwalk comfortably. At home I put my feet in a biotex footbath immediately, haha.

As a background for the show you could see a rundown city. On either side of the catwalk were huge piles of debris, where we walked in between when we came up. Halfway down the catwalk we had to do a pose, that was assigned to us by Edwin, so there was a nice photo moment and the clothing could be shown in the best position possible.

After the show a really nice photos was been made from Josine, who closed the show, together with Edwin like royals surrounded by all models. There were quite a lot of “ex-Fresh” models, so we had to take a selfie together after the show.

After I got rid of the thoasands of clips in my hair I got something to drink and chatted a bit and then I took the bus home to rest in my bad, since I had to go to school the next day.

I found the theme from the “Return to Home” collection very pretty and the show itself was beautiful to watch. Edwin, his team and everyone who helped with the show can be very proud!

Pics:

5b7e92390924301.jpg c52dfe390924302.jpg 4a828b390924303.jpg dc254a390924304.jpg e52c8d390924306.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...