Bellazon

SI Swimsuit Model Tournament 2013 - Vote beginning Sept 4!

alluringbeauties

Latest results:

Natasha Barnard - 80%
Emily DiDonato - 20%

Estella Warren - 91%
Kathy Loghry - 9%

Natasha Barnard and Estella Warren will face each other in Round 2 of the Qualifying Draw. The winner will advance to the Main Draw.

Andrea Orme - 48%
Jesse Sanders - 52%

Ehrinn Cummings - 38%
Kara Young - 62%

Jesse Sanders and Kara Young will face each other in Round 2 of the Qualifying Draw. The winner will advance to the Main Draw.

The latest brackets and other info about the tournament are here.

Just one more day left to vote for the following matches:

Qualifying Draw - Round 1 - Turia Mau vs. Janelle Fishman
Qualifying Draw - Round 1 - Alicia Hall vs. Carla Maria
Qualifying Draw - Round 1 - Navia Ngyuen vs. Jean Pelton
Qualifying Draw - Round 1 - Roberta Little vs. Jenny Brunt

Latest results:

Turia Mau - 9%

Janelle Fishman - 91%

Alicia Hall - 95%

Carla Maria - 5%

Janelle Fishman and Alicia Hall will face each other in Round 2 of the Qualifying Draw. The winner will advance to the Main Draw.

Navia Nguyen - 61%

Jean Pelton - 39%

Roberta Little - 43%

Jenny Brunt - 57%

Navia Nguyen and Jenny Brunt will face each other in Round 2 of the Qualifying Draw. The winner will advance to the Main Draw.

Latest results:

Bernadette Swann - 42%

Barbro Ehn - 58%

Kathryn Redding - 11%

Angela Lindvall - 89%

Barbro Ehn and Angela Lindvall will face each other in Round 2 of the Qualifying Draw. The winner will advance to the Main Draw.

Aurelie Claudel - 80%

Reka Ebergenyi - 20%

Kim Cloutier - 92%

Jessica Hart - 8%

Aurelie Claudel and Kim Cloutier will face each other in Round 2 of the Qualifying Draw. The winner will advance to the Main Draw.

Ana Paula Araujo - 42%

Monica Bellucci - 58%

Lucia Dvorska - 68%

Sonia Dara - 32%

Monica Bellucci and Lucia Dvorska will face each other in Round 2 of the Qualifying Draw. The winner will advance to the Main Draw.

Apollonia van Ravenstein - 91%

Anna Getaneh - 9%

Kylie Bax - 81%

Barbara Minty - 19%

Apollonia van Ravenstein and Kylie Bax will face each other in Round 2 of the Qualifying Draw. The winner will advance to the Main Draw.

While we're in a lull for results (but not for active "votable" matches), I figured I'd give you all some thoughts from the tournament so far.

This post is my attempt to get some discussion going.  I love and appreciate the votes, but I'm wondering if peoples' thoughts match mine, too.  

So, I encourage replies.  Don't be shy!   :)  Without further adieu, some musings...

Biggest surprise so far:

Jesse Sanders' 52%-48% victory over Andrea Orme - Andrea's only published photo in SI was of her swimming in a pool topless, with the photo showing a distorted view of what appears to be a very nice nipple.  :gocho:  But, our voters were not impressed and voted 1965 model Jesse Sanders into the 2nd round.

Honorable mention:

Monique Moura de Carvalho's 100%-0% victory - The winner was not a surprise, but the unanimous result was.  It might have been more about her opponent, Paulette Kieon, than it was about Monique.  But, a unanimous victory is amazing, nonetheless.  We'll see if things hold up in her favor with a much tougher test in the 2nd round, Vanessa Lorenzo.

Ana Paula Lemes' 79%-21% victory over Quiana Grant - I thought these two were a lot closer than that, and I actually voted in favor of Quiana.  But, I was clearly not in the majority!

Natasha Barnard's 80%-20% victory over Emily DiDonato - Again, I thought these two 2013 rookies were a toss up, but nope!  Natasha looks like a force to be reckoned with after smoking Emily.

Closest Qualifying Draw 1st round match:

There were four matches of 52%-48%:

Shannan Click defeated Caprice Bourret

Kim Lemanton defeated Louise Forsling

Barbara Carrera defeated Pixie Petersen

Jesse Sanders defeated Andrea Orme

I thought the first two were going to be close, but I was very surprised to see the last two in the list also be so close.  In the case of Sanders, I was very suprised at the result, too!

Most lopsided Qualifying Draw 1st round match:

Monique Moura de Carvalho 100%, Paulette Kieon 0% - I think that makes Paulette the "worst" of the SI Swimsuit models?  Really, nobody voted for her.  Nobody.  I thought her matchup wasn't all that difficult, either.  Still, she couldn't muster a vote.  That's pretty crazy.

Honorable mention:

Juliana Martins 96%, Akure Wall 4%

Alicia Hall 95%, Carla Maria 5%

Monika Schnarre 94%, Hina Tama 6%

We'll see how the biggest winners in Round 1 fare against stiffer competition in Round 2.  That should be interesting.

Most interesting Qualifying Draw 2nd round match:

Shana Zadrick vs. Melissa Baker - Shana drew a bye in the first round, so it's difficult to tell what may happen.  But, Shana and Melissa are both stunningly beautiful brunettes.  I can't decide who I like better, myself!

Honorable mention:

Shannan Click vs. Carre Otis - Another battle where I don't even know who to vote for.

Aurelie Claudel vs. Kim Cloutier - Again, two incredibly hot models.  Is there a wrong choice?  It'll be interesting to see who prevails.

Most likely to threaten a seeded model in the Main Draw:

Cindy Crawford - She's a supermodel, after all.  Her SI appearances warranted her being in the Qualifying Draw, but she's better than most in this bracket.  Assuming she advances to the Main Draw, she happens to face the lowest seeded model, #32 Angie Everhart.  That will be interesting.

Honorable mention:

Michelle Vawer - I wasn't even sure she'd win her first round match, but she smoked Kenza Fourati in eye opening fashion.  If she advances to the Main Draw, she will face #13 seed Ashley Richardson in a match that would scream "upset alert!"

Luckiest Qualifying random draw:

Angela Lindvall - Angela has a virtual cake walk into the Main Draw, in my opinion.  She got 89% of votes in her first round match against Kathryn Redding, and now she faces 1970s model Barbro Ehn in the second round.  Assuming she advances, things will get tougher in a hurry, though, as she'll face #6 seed Yamila Diaz in the first round of the Main Draw.

Unluckiest Qualifying random draw:

Dominique Piek - Dominique is incredibly hot, but she ran into a buzz saw by drawing Cindy Crawford in the first round of qualifying.  With a different draw, I think she'd challenge for winning a couple of rounds in the Main Draw.  I hope she gets better luck in next year's competition.   :)

What do you think?  Discuss!  Here's a link to the latest bracket, in case you would like to refresh your memory.

One note of interest for those paying close attention: Due to an error in my calculations, Rachel Hunter was not credited with an appearance in 2003.  So, the effects of this correction made her seed change, and it affected seeds #15-25 overall.  Since we have not yet begun the Main Draw, I went ahead and corrected the brackets.  No other seeds changed because of this, nor did any of the first round matches not involving seeds 15-25.  

Anyway, on to the first results from the final round of qualifying:

Jenna de Rosnay - 77%

Jamee Becker - 23%

Jenna de Rosnay advances to the Main Draw to face #1 seed Kathy Ireland

Cindy Crawford - 89%

Julie Ordon - 11%

Cindy Crawford advances to the Main Draw to face #32 seed Angie Everhart

Shirley Mallmann - 15%

Rachel Roberts - 85%

Rachel Roberts advances to the Main Draw to face #16 seed Marisa Miller

Sue Peterson - 64%

Monika Schnarre - 36%

Sue Peterson advances to the Main Draw to face #17 seed Petra Nemcova

First of all, to the person trying to be clever and vote multiple times: it's not working.  All of your votes for Shana Zadrick (and Kirby Griffin, and the others you did this for) counted as just one vote total.  I appreciate your excitement about the tournament, but please don't make my life difficult and make me filter your duplicate votes.  I'm just trying to do this for everyone's enjoyment, and I don't need extra work.  One vote is counted, period, even if the polling system looks like it's accepting your multiple votes.  So, I kindly ask you to stop doing that.  Vote once only, please.  Thank you!

Anyway, on to the next results from the final round of qualifying:

---------

Latest results:

Michelle Lombardo - 57%

Ana Paula Lemes - 43%

Michelle Lombardo advances to the Main Draw to face #8 seed Veronica Varekova

Shana Zadrick - 47%

Melissa Baker - 53%

Melissa Baker advances to the Main Draw to face #25 seed Vendela Kirsebom

Beri Smither - 53%

Marilyn Tindall - 47%

Beri Smither advances to the Main Draw to face #9 seed Irina Shayk

Brandi Quinones - 23%

Lana Ogilvie - 77%

Lana Ogilvie advances to the Main Draw to face #24 seed Tyra Banks

Latest results:

Yesica Toscanini - 30%

Juliana Martins - 70%

Juliana Martins advances to the Main Draw to face #4 seed Christie Brinkley

Aya Thorgren - 53%

Raica Oliveira - 47%

Aya Thorgren advances to the Main Draw to face #29 seed Elsa Benitez

Georgianna Robertson - 57%

Michelle Vawer - 43%

Georgianna Robertson advances to the Main Draw to face #13 seed Ashley Richardson

Kristy Hinze - 90%

Charissa Craig - 10%

Kristy Hinze advances to the Main Draw to face #20 seed Jessica White