Bellazon

Laetitia Casta

Guest Anonymous

Rob, why from your point of view did BWGreyScale remove all editorials

from Vogue, Glamour, Vanity Fair, Harper's Bazaar, Marie-Claire, Cosmopolitan and Esquire

on request of their respective counsels despite the fact that BWGreyScale

"stayed three months behind the current issue in the newsstand,

as to not interfere with the sales of the magazine"?

They did remove editorials? :blink:

Rob, why from your point of view did BWGreyScale remove all editorials

from Vogue, Glamour, Vanity Fair, Harper's Bazaar, Marie-Claire, Cosmopolitan and Esquire

on request of their respective counsels despite the fact that BWGreyScale

"stayed three months behind the current issue in the newsstand,

as to not interfere with the sales of the magazine"?

Can't say I knew of that site...although quite why the subject was brought up after quoting my comment about direct links I don't know....I doubt it affects the situation that has occurred there. I guess the magazines in question were feeling threatened way by a site that I guess regularly uploads large numbers of editorials from all their magazines...even with a 3 month delay.

post-10177-0-1446014975-58606_thumb.jpg

Gilles Bensimon, The Bare Necessities, ELLE USA April 1998

that I quoted in Korr's Chanel thread indicating who is the unknown photographer.

Yes, they did because of copyright infringement.

Now their archive contains most only ELLE editorials.

The worst is when all of a sudden a Laetitia's web site disappears without giving any reason.

why the subject was brought up after quoting my comment about direct link?

Direct linking, deep linking or simply duplicating a new cover (or even pictorials, not to say the entire editorial) before or during the sales of the magazine and even after constitutes of course a copyright infringement. One could discuss about the case of the Fair Use of the cover considered as advertising for the magazine.

In the war between Fair Use and Cease-and-Desist letters, the Tibetan dude chose to indicate directions to find a new cover, pictorial or partial editorial in order that at least the official web site of the magazine will receive a visit. You are free to click or not to the ads of their sponsors.

The case of ELLE magazine

The French ELLE magazine developed an interesting strategy. An extract of the main article if published online with some pictures (in small format) during the week of the sales of the magazine. At the end of the week, the entire article is often published.

That is why the Tibetan dude prefers to put on ZouZou a hyperlink to the partial article then later to the other pages of the full article on the official site because their webmaster counts the number of visitors by web page during the week of the publishing then after.

When you scan the full editorial and publish it in these columns before anybody, of course you will receive a lot of thank you but these acknowledges will not increase the popularity of the article on the official site of the magazine. The chief editor of the magazine could consult the number of sales, the statistic of activity of the official web site but not the number of thank you on BZ.

I'm talking about when you link to some item on a French tv station website that after 30 minutes of following your complicated directions turns out to be nothing more than some bloke that has directed :heart: Laetitia :heart: in the past talking about anything other than :heart: Laetitia :heart: <_<

I'm talking about when you link to some item on a French tv station website that after 30 minutes of following your complicated directions turns out to be nothing more than some bloke that has directed :heart: Laetitia :heart: in the past talking about anything other than :heart: Laetitia :heart: <_<

You seem to know an awfully lot of how Eric mind works ... :whistle:

Anyway, I think the magazine's are probably right - although I hate to admit that. That's why I'd always try to give the full source, naming also the magazine's issue and photographer to pay at least a humble amount of respect to them.

If you don't have a cover shooting you never know for sure which magazine the editorial was in - when the sides are not tagged or the tags removed. Of course it's a different thing with scanned advertising. I thing the brands should pay such sides as bellazon, bwgreyscale or tfs a fee, because they help to spread the advertising compaigns to a large audience. :laugh:

Then again we're just a small group of Nerds in here so I don't see how we would influence the sell of magazines. I wouldn't buy Vogue even when noone would scan the editorials in it, it's far too expensive for my taste. Although I probably would buy it if there's Laetitia inside. But when nobody would scan it, I probably wouldn't know about it at all - therefore the case I would buy Vogue is a rather lost one ... :whistle:

Anyway, I think the magazine's are probably right - although I hate to admit that. That's why I'd always try to give the full source, naming also the magazine's issue and photographer to pay at least a humble amount of respect to them.

If you don't have a cover shooting you never know for sure which magazine the editorial was in - when the sides are not tagged or the tags removed. Of course it's a different thing with scanned advertising. I thing the brands should pay such sides as bellazon, bwgreyscale or tfs a fee, because they help to spread the advertising compaigns to a large audience. :laugh:

Then again we're just a small group of Nerds in here so I don't see how we would influence the sell of magazines. I wouldn't buy Vogue even when noone would scan the editorials in it, it's far too expensive for my taste. Although I probably would buy it if there's Laetitia inside. But when nobody would scan it, I probably wouldn't know about it at all - therefore the case I would buy Vogue is a rather lost one ... :whistle:

I agree with you Carmelita, anyway I love Laetitia she is too gorgeous!!!!!

Vive les différences !

[Long life the differences between the forums!]

I'm talking about when you link to some item on a French tv station website that after 30 minutes

of following your complicated directions turns out to be nothing more

than some bloke that has directed :heart: Laetitia :heart: in the past talking about anything other than :heart: Laetitia :heart: <_<

In the Laetitia's artistic universe, the Tibetan dude is interested in what she says, what she sees, what she appreciates.

On the ZouZou forum, this bloke from the North Pole whishes to learn more about people she meets.

A scoop for this Tibetan guy is not necessary a pictorial about Laetitia

but when the troubadours of the movie Nés en 68 replied to his e-mail

giving the reasons (not shown in the movie) when they left the community after the concert in Latar.

SwarovskiAd03a_small.jpg

Marino Parisotto Vay, Swarovski 2003

After all Laetitia does not look at herself 24 hours a day in her mirror.

Vive les différences !

[Long life the differences between the forums!]

I'm talking about when you link to some item on a French tv station website that after 30 minutes

of following your complicated directions turns out to be nothing more

than some bloke that has directed :heart: Laetitia :heart: in the past talking about anything other than :heart: Laetitia :heart: <_<

In the Laetitia's artistic universe, the Tibetan dude is interested in what she says, what she sees, what she appreciates.

On the ZouZou forum, this bloke from the North Pole whishes to learn more about people she meets.

Well I still think that on a :heart: Laetitia :heart: specific forum, especially in a pic or movie specific section of it, you're best off linking (either directly or incredibly indirectly) to stuff about the pics or the movies rather than incredibly indirectly to an article about a director of one of :heart: Laetitia's :heart: old films talking about something completely unrelated to either the film or :heart: Laetitia :heart: herself....that's all. Perhaps a special moon base section should be created over at Zouzou for you to post about stuff

I do not know why Rob overreacts. He was so peaceful :p

before Kiki unfairly introduced the concept of lethal high-heel shoes against the :alien:.

Maybe she could come back to do something for him. :evil:

That's why I'd always try to give the full source, naming also the magazine's issue and photographer

to pay at least a humble amount of respect to them.

It is what I try to do. :wub:

I thing the brands should pay such sides as bellazon, bwgreyscale or tfs a fee,

because they help to spread the advertising campaigns to a large audience. :laugh:

Great idea CarMELita although I would suggest that the brands should pay the author of the message, not the support.

post-10177-0-1446014979-37582_thumb.jpg

Jean-Paul Goude, Rentrée très classe [start of the new very class ;) school year], Galeries Lafayette 2001

All of sudden the "large audience" is become "a small group of Nerds." :blink:

Then again we're just a small group of Nerds in here so I don't see how we would influence the sell of magazines.

CarMELita, you wrote this at the 10,610th post. It is too fun. :thumbsup: