Bellazon

Superman Returns

mylovelyangel

• 1 month later...

Saw it again and some things I want to point out/ask.

1. If you pay sttention to the news cast when they are showing stuff about superman they mention Gotham City as one of the areas he was spotted :laugh:

2. I don't no if it means anything, but when Superman is spying on Lois and Richard at there house. Richard is about to say something important but Superman leaves before he is finished. Still trying to figure it out.

3. I am not sure since I haven't seen the orgianl Superman's in awhile, but the newspaper pinned to the wall is one from the old movies?

• 2 weeks later...

finally saw it.

was amazed how much it harked back to the original. same score, same titles, some sets looked very similar. Routh was clearly patterned after Reeve.

and I'll answer my own question, since no one else would... I'm surprised how not gay this movie was. I was expected at least a little homoerotic underpinning somewhere, and didn't really see it. it's all over the first 2 Xmen movies, but I guess Supy is just too archetypal for WB to want to allow any sort of gay theme to apply to. then again, even James Marsden comes off as totally straight. interesting.

f/x are amazing. only a couple of shots made me notice that CG was clearly at work. most of the rest of them were seamless. impressive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...