Bellazon

Bette Franke
Thumbnail

• 2 weeks later...

She Likes to Move – Bette Franke is a dancing queen in the premier issue of Vogue Netherlands, shot by Marc de Groot. Wearing flapper inspired looks from the likes of Gucci, Ralph Lauren and Etro styled by Marije Goekoop; Bette wows from head to toe with a shock of curly hair by and glam makeup by beauty artist Irena Ruben. Art deco accessories and platform heels complete the retro inspired ensembles.

post-35528-0-1446085144-37572_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446085145-64853_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446085146-00223_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446085146-10632_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446085146-16078_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446085146-18948_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446085146-22652_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446085146-29492_thumb.jpg

Apparently she has an ed in the april issue of Dazed and Confused

Model Behaviour: Bette Franke

Published on Wednesday

Dazed Digital catches up with the Dutch model following her shoot in the April issue of Dazed & Confused

Dazed's April issue fashion pivots on the idea of enduring models – Bette Franke, Frankie Rayder, Lindsey Wixson and Vlada Roslyakova. We caught up with the girls to talk more about their experience and recurring influence on fashion.

"I don't think about anything when I walk, unless I have a very long dress or difficult shoes, then I just keep repeating in my head: 'Don't fall, don't fall'

Dutch model Bette Franke appears in Animal Attraction by Jeff Bark and Katie Shillingford, a dreamy, sherbet-hued story of excess. With pompadour hair. She has walked in shows for the likes of Balenciaga, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Chloé, Hermès, Lanvin, Balmain, Viktor & Rolf, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Miu Miu, Dries Van Noten, Dolce & Gabbana, Versus, Emilio Pucci, Bottega Veneta and many more. This season she can be seen in campaigns for Hermès and Valentino.

Dazed Digital: Do you remember your first show? Were you nervous?

Bette Franke: My first show was Jil Sander. I remember it very well, I was super nervous because I had to open and close the show. When I turned around the corner to enter the runway I just heard all the camera flashes. I was happy when I was backstage again.

DD: What shows did you enjoy walking for A/W12 and what runs through your mind when you're walking down a catwalk?

Bette Franke: I loved all the shows I did. The people were all so nice. I like DSquared because it's always a party. I don't think about anything when I walk, unless I have a very long dress or difficult shoes, then I just keep repeating in my head: 'Don't fall, don't fall'.

DD: What's the secret of your enduring appeal?

Bette Franke: I try to maintain a fresh appeal by living healthy – I don't smoke and I try to go to bed early when possible. Also, when I'm in New York I take my bicycle wherever I go – to shoots, castings, shows; it's the easiest way to stay fit and the fastest way to get where I want to go!

DD: Are you a mentor to any of the newer girls?

Bette Franke: I don't think I'm a mentor figure. But I do like hanging out with them and sometimes they will ask me questions about the industry and how to deal with agents/clients/family and stuff like that. And I try to answer them.

DD: Tell us something we wouldn't expect of you...

Bette Franke: I play the saxophone.

884442.jpg

883268.jpg 883259.jpg

http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/articl...ur-bette-franke

• 2 weeks later...