• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing Fashion

This week’s model profile star is the enigmatic Eleonora Baumann, who challenges the industry with her icy cool half-Germanic half-Serbian look.

Photography by Robert Harper; styling by Coline Bach; hair by Bjorn Krischker / Frank Agency; make-up by Dorita Nissen; photo assistant: Pablo Marks; model: Eleonora Baumann / Viva London.

The Baumann Brilliance. With her platinum blonde hair, light eyebrows, and sharp cheek bones, Eleonora Baumann’s icy cool look rules fashion - both in print and on the runway. So far, the 2012 newcomer has scored a Versus ad campaign and walked major shows from Alexander McQueen to Céline to Miu Miu. “I have so many remarkable memories!” reflects the half-German half-Serbian with a smile. “One of them would definitely be the Céline resort show in Beijing! The show itself was just great and it was so exciting to go on a trip to somewhere so different and far away. I got the opportunity to see this amazing city of another culture which I would maybe never had without my job! I will certainly never forget this!”

Although Ms. Baumann exudes an unreal beauty, as we got to know her, we discovered a down to earth and loyal friend, whose childhood dream was to be a vet and would not do anything that could hurt the people she loves for all the money in the world. “One of my dreams is to find a job with which I can help people and do something good for this planet!” shares the 20 year old.

Here, Ms. Baumann talks to Playing Fashion about how she went from not caring about fashion to being the face associated to brands and fashion houses - sharing her beauty, style and fitness tips.

WORKING AS A MODEL HAS CHANGED MY ENTIRE VIEWPOINT. I must confess I didn’t have a special opinion of the fashion industry before. I’ve never even bought a fashion magazine. I just didn’t have any connection to it and I didn’t care, but then I got the chance to discover this whole new world and I got to know how many people, how much work and above all how much passion is behind it. Now I admire the diversity of this industry and I'm still discovering more and more about it with every day!

ONE OF THE MOST DRAMATIC SHOWS I have done is the Alexander McQueen show. There, we all really looked like we were from an other planet and when I was walking, I just listened to the music and felt like I was in another world out of time and space.

I TRY NOT TO ATTACH MYSELF TO THE NEGATIVE and just not to take it personally, because you can’t survive in this business if you do! But It takes a lot of time to become confident enough to be able to totally ignore this hard criticism!

MY MOM IS ALWAYS RIGHT about how I really am, even when I don’t know how I feel deep down about something, my mother already knows and it is impossible to hide my feelings from her.

MY PERSONAL STYLE CHANGES A LOT. It always depends on my mood and where I’m heading to. Sometimes I dress up chic but most of the time I love to wear something cool and comfortable! I like many different brands and one of them is Céline!

I TRY TO USE AS MANY ORGANIC PRODUCTS AS POSSIBLE and I think it is really important to always clean your face before going to bed. I always have a cleaning face milk from Dado Sens and Bioderma water with me. My favorite beauty product at the moment is the body oil from Nuxe.

SPORTS KEEP MY BODY FIT and also clear my head. My favorite sport is swimming, especially in the sea or in a lake! I also like doing Pilates and yoga and going for a run!

REAL BEAUTY COMES FROM WITHIN. It’s all about the personality of a person! I always thought like this and working in the industry convinced me even more that no matter how beautiful someone looks, it’s not the appearance that matters, it s about what is within!

playingfashion.com