Thumbnail

sarnic

Grazia Germany 

15/2017, 04 April 2017

Ph: Thomas Krappitz

grazia15_u1_0.thumb.jpg.62ff0e5615dbf4bfe4542247a872e8d8.jpg 

Anna Ewers Das Topmodel zeigt uns die Sommertrends

"The topmodel she shows us the summer trends "

I think this is the job we saw a little picture on instagram, she did in February in Germany...?

And I am very happy a German magazine also brings some attention to her.

Grazia Germany

15/2017, 04 April 2017

58e900da9db46_Anna.thumb.jpg.dcb7ca15e7e6d8df2b5d06bce9f4a385.jpg

Interview: Anna Ewers about smells, native country and confidential moments with Alexander Wang
From Vera on the Saturday, 8th of April, 2017 at 20:27 o'clock

Since five years she runs the catwalks  for the big fashion houses with the shows in New York or Paris, stands before the camera of Peter Lindbergh or Patrick Demarchelier. Topically one can admire the blond beauty as a Testimonial of „boss perfumes \" – and as a Covergirl of GRAZIA. We have met the 24-year-old to the interview.

1. For the boss THE SCENT TV campaign you have closely worked together with Theo James. How was the cooperation? Was it easy for you?

To work with Theo was easy and uncomplicated. We have worked together quite a while and the chemistry between us is right. He is an excellent actor and gives me a feeling of the security because he me helps(assists) to tell a story and to explain.

2. The smell BOSS THE SCENT for shows here the female counterpart to the man's smell. Is it important for you that a man smells good and would you yourself wear a partner smell?

Of course it is extremely important that that you love, good it smells. I like the idea, that two people, above all if they are a pair, complementary smells wear. Smell is a very personal expression and I like the image that a pair expresses its common characteristic by the smell.

3. Are there the smells which should rather avoid men and women?

Men and women should avoid smells with which they do not feel fine. Smell is always an expression of the personality. One associates you with the smell, which you most sluggishly. Therefore, it is important that you feel fine with your smell.

4. Which kind of smells do you like personally best? Do you have a favorite smell?

I like flowery smells. My favorite smell is THE SCENT for here from HUGO a BOSS. I carry this smell simply with pleasure – every day and to every occasion). Simply perfectly.

5. Do you have a few tips of perfume for us whom you have learnt at your work for HUGO BOSS?

I apply my smell with pleasure before I dresses) me, ordinarily directly after showering. Instead of applying the smell on my pulse points, I spray the smell rather in the air and then walk by the cloud of perfume through.

6. Would you create with pleasure your own smell? And if so, how he should smell?

I would become very much, create very much with pleasure my own smell. He would have to contain marks(notes) from the nature. I have grown up in the Black Forest, this area is more fully more wonderfully of natural smells.

7. During an interview with InStyle you have said sometimes that you have used man's deodorants as a smell during your school hours. Is this right?

And if so, do you have a few more other unusual Beauty tips for us?

Yes, this is right. I am different with pleasure than other and I still wear now and again men eau de Cologne. You get an crowd of compliments if you every now and then a man's smell most sluggishly.

8. Can you remember your first smell?
Formerly I have often pinched the smell of my mother, therefore, this was the first smell which I have bought to myself was exactly the same that she wore. This gave me the feeling to be especially close to her.

9. What is your most important skin care tip?

The absolutely most important in my skin care routine is water. I also take the makeup off always before I go to bed.

10. Would you say that you were rather a boyish girl?

At school I was certainly a little devil. However, the luck was I had to get to know a glamorous life style as a model also by which I have felt much more female of course.

11. We have read that the smell of freshly cut grass wakes up strong recollections(memories) in you. What are for recollections(memories)?

I have grown up in the Black Forest. We had a big garden and when my father mowed the lawn, the smell of freshly mowed grass fulfilled the whole house. This smell has always accompanied me, he reminds me in at home.

12. With which garment do you connect most memories?

I have a great vintage coat of Alaia which I really love. I have found him in a small vintage loading in Paris and protect him like a treasure. I have worn him on nearly each of my trip.

13. Which part of your body do you like mostly?

I do not like to steer the attention to certain body parts, I think, this can lead to morbid obsessions. I see my body as a unity and make sure that I like the picture which I send out in the world.

14. Also it hardly is conceivable... there is a part of your body which you like less?

If I had to decide on a body part which I like in myself in the least(fewest) one, then would be this my feet.

15. Which event in your career has a prominent importance for you?

The prominent event in my career is anyway my very first campaign-Shooting. This was 4,5 years ago in New York for Prada, I was the first time that I worked for such a big fashion house. It was incredibly thrilling, a key experience for me.

16. What is the hardest in the Model-Job and how you do handle with it?

The hardest in the model job is the fact how tiredly you often are. I must travel a lot and this also means a lot of standing around and waiting .And sometimes I also have fittings in the middle of the night. I watch that I get possibly a lot of rest and rest when I work not exactly. Moreover, I want to try in countries in which I have never been before to remain longer. I want to work there not only, but get to know the countries also and explore it.

17. You have grown up in the Black Forest close to Freiburg. Did you have as a teenager one day the feelingthat you must leave from there or would have you remained in the Black Forest if you had not become a model?

I wanted to see more and more of the world than only my place. But now where I have the luck that I am  able to travel, I know how to estimate more to come back in my hometown. I miss the forest and the country area in which I have grown up. This is so completely different than my present home in New York.

18. Where in the world you feel mostly at home?

My hometown in the Black Forest is wonderfully green and Brooklyn is a fantastic mix of urbane architecture and green gardens. What I may in Brooklyn mostly like is the rest. I consider now Brooklyn as my home and am always glad, after a long working day in the town, to come back there.

19. What do you of home you miss mostly if you are on the move?

I miss it of nature to be surrounded and to have my own swimming pool. I have grown up in the country, so I was used to having wonderful vineyards and the black forresst around myself.

20. What is of your opinion after the biggest difference between both towns?

New York has a substantially quicker rhythm and it is wrong there so much more. To live in New York makes really fun, there is here a lot of culture and really good parties.

21. What do you find in a man sexy?

I find a man sexy if he is self-confident and rests in himself. I think, it is this what a man especially attractive makes. And of course I like it if he smart and it is humorously... and that he smells well.

22. And what most sluggishly you want to feel especially sexy if you?

If I want to feel especially sexy, I wear a smell I love. Since if I feel fine, I also feel very sexy.

23. Alexander Wang has discovered you 2014 in a Blog and has chosen you for his muse. Which kind of relation) do you have? How important are mentors for a model at the beginning of the career?

Alexander is a very good friend of me and because to us so a lot connects, we also have quite a specialworking respect. He always stays faithfully to himself and I also. Because he has taught me how important it is that I always remain I myself. I think that mentors are very important if you start to work in the model business. Without my mentor I would not have created all this.

24. What was yours most amusing, your nicest moment(instant) with Alexander Wang?

We have experienced so a lot with each other that it is difficult a single moment  to pick out. It always gives a lot of pleasure to work with him. His energy is simply unbelievable, it is to be watched absolutely inspiring him.

25. If one wants to find outmedia Channels more from you and your personal life in the Social, one finds, actually, only things about your job. You have said sometimes „I am very happy. I do not expose myself to social media and it runs very well for me. I estimate my privacy.“ Why is this thus?

I never had bad experiences with social networks, I would like to hold only my private life also private. In my job I show my body to massesof people and, therefore, I like it to hide my private life from the public.

26. During the same interview you have said that you admire Kate Moss for her mysterious character. Does a resemblance between you both pass?

Kate Moss has grown up in another era. I have the feeling that these times it was easier to hide your personal life from the looks of the public. But even if Social media it more difficultly than ever makes his privacy to protect, nevertheless, I do my best around my job of my private life to distinguish. If one wants in such a way, one can consider as a common characteristic of us at both.

27. One often reads that you have a certain resemblance to Brigitte Bardot and Claudia Schiffer. What do you think about that?

A big honour for me to be compared with these famous beauty icons. It is very flattering.

28. Have you thought one day about it to change your look to avoid this comparison?

I am contented with it and like how I look and feel good with it. In the job I must change my look permanently and, therefore, I like to be able to feel good in my own skin if I do not work. While modelling it is always a matter of slipping in different roles. If I have a look at my fashion editorials, I  notice that it is fun to make every Shooting to be different and to show a new character.

29. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I in ten years? I think, I live somewhere in the mountains, near the sea, surrounded by all my friends. I find it exciting to see what comes as the next. I live on one day on the next and try to take every opportunity which comes up to me.

(my translation from German, sorry if there are some mistakes)